Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tobacco Inventory Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Tobacco Inventory Spreadsheet within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I've put together a spreadsheet in MS excel that makes the task of inputting tobacco data into a spreadsheet a ...

Tobacco Inventory Spreadsheet

I've put together a spreadsheet in MS excel that makes the task of inputting tobacco data into a spreadsheet a little easier than normal. Not that it's a difficult thing to do, I just thought having something a little more interactive might be nice. I've been chipping away at this for a while now and finally have a version that I wish to share with y'all.

A few notes:

1) You don't absolutely have to read the MS word file, but it does have instructions on how to get the spreadsheet to work properly. It uses VB programming in the spreadsheet to control the buttons and user forms, so you have to 'enable macros' in excel to make these work. Otherwise, the buttons won't do anything when you click on them.

2) This was done in excel 2010 and will work with excel 2007, but the interface won't work in excel 2003. You can still use the spreadsheet format in 2003, but the buttons and such won't work.

3) Feel free to change it as you see fit, this is just how I categorize my tobacco and obviously different folks might want to approach it differently.

4) There is a section (tab) for NC, CC, and pipe tobacco. There's also a few tabs for wishlists, bombs, etc.

I know not everyone keeps track of their tobacco, but for those who do, hopefully you can get some use out of this.

The files are zipped, shouldn't be too difficult to unzip them once downloaded. You should just be able to right click on it and have that option pop up. I had to zip it into two files, one is the info, one is the actual spreadsheet. Thanks to Dave for helping me get it uploaded.

Tobacco Spreadsheet Info.zip

Tobacco Inventory Spreadsheet.zip

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Re: Tobacco Inventory Spreadsheet

RG to you sir! Great job!

Nice work on the Spreadsheet. RG for you. I see there's a tab to keep track of those who've done your mailbox wrong...
    NomoMoMo's Cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/nomomomo
    Sarcasm is wasted on cats...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Definately rg for you!!

thanks fellas, i appreciate it.

I wish I had enough cigars to need an inventory sheet

RG for you Sir! This is a great tool for those of us who keep track of everything, and you have done the leg work already. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

Maturing Puffer Fish

good job, thanks for the template
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar" -MT

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Nice work, Andrew! I didn't even know you could make different tabs... But then again, my version of IT resolution looks a lot like this

How do you make the command buttons?
    Hangin' out with Friends

Hello Andrew, thanks for the spreadsheet looks great and planning on uploading my inventory this weekend.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks for the great work!

Looks good but the buttons don't work for me. And the Info sheet didn't unzip correctly. I get a .cpgz file. I am on a mac so maybe that has something to do with it. It would be nice to have a worksheet for making notes on cigars I smoke too. So I could look back and see if I smoked a particular cigar before and if I liked it. Just an idea...

thanks for checking it out y'all, glad to see some folks are getting use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Nice work, Andrew! I didn't even know you could make different tabs... But then again, my version of IT resolution looks a lot like this

How do you make the command buttons?
    Josh, in excel, if you go to 'Excel Options' under the 'File' menu, you can customize the ribbon/toolbar and add in the 'Developer' tab. This will allow you to use VBA and macros that can function with adding in buttons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
    Looks good but the buttons don't work for me. And the Info sheet didn't unzip correctly. I get a .cpgz file. I am on a mac so maybe that has something to do with it. It would be nice to have a worksheet for making notes on cigars I smoke too. So I could look back and see if I smoked a particular cigar before and if I liked it. Just an idea...
    Matt, sorry that didn't work. I definitely suspect the mac is the issue. If you PM me your email address, I can send the file directly to you and you could try it that way if you want. And, thanks for the suggestion, that would be pretty easy to add in.
    Last edited by android; 08-14-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Great work!
    A chance not taken is a wasted opportunity

Thanks Andrew, this will be a big help for us with OCD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast