Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Elricfate's Wineador (Koldfront 28 bottle)

This is a discussion on Elricfate's Wineador (Koldfront 28 bottle) within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by elricfate It's larger than I want to use (with the exception of on the front of the ...

No longer a community member.

Re: Elricfate's Wineador (Koldfront 28 bottle)

Quote Originally Posted by elricfate View Post
    It's larger than I want to use (with the exception of on the front of the drawers) -- but if you have two, it makes sense. I only have the one, and I'd like to be able to read humidity by zone, if I did use the wireless one, I'd have to place a few of them in the areas I am wanting to monitor, which would take up too much space for me.

As for a datalogger, it wouldn't be difficult to set up a small board to pull data on a schedule and write to an SD card. The code itself would probably be less than twenty lines, depending on how it has to interface with the sensor... the interface itself might be take more than the twenty lines, unless it could be read as a raw output. I got a buddy who made a wireless RH monitor with a raspberry pi (or planned to make one, I forget which) that could be accessed via the internet. It's outside of the realm of what I am looking to do at the moment.
    I was thinking of using an arduino but I haven't decided on chips yet because the chips I was looking at I can't figure out which one would be best to use...

ZS Reserve Officer

Oh, oh god.

I hate you and my friends. Now I'm actually considering an AM2302 (wired DHT22) sensor, or maybe the DHT11 sensor, and a raspberry pi. I don't even need this and I'm considering it.

In other news, I spent most of yesterday poring through DX and coming up with, what I think, is a better solution to my lighting idea.

They have SMD boards with festoon adapters (FD1210-12W 0.7W 75lm 6000K White Light 12-SMD 3528 LED Car Lamp w/ T10 / BA9S / Festoon Adapter - Free Shipping - DealExtreme - made for car dome lights) that have 3528 SMD LEDs attached. Generally they're under a watt and around the 3500k-4500k color range, this makes them pretty close to "warm white light" and away from that "cool blue" LED color. I was thinking instead of using the strip LEDs to make lighting along the sides of the insides of the drawers, I could use one single panel with a slight cant (about 15*) attached to the back of the drawer, to shine light over the cigars when the door is opened, or perhaps when the drawer is pulled out. It could be done pretty easily with a Hall sensor or a microswitch (for the per drawer) as opposed to a single magnetic switch for all drawers. I'm still undecided.

I think, though, that I've decided against using the LED strip cable to do a perimeter light around the inside of the door and may, instead, use one of the panel strips I found (3W 3500K 200-Lumen Warm White LED Emitter Metal Strip (12~14V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) to use as a downward facing dome light at the front of the drawers (top of the wineador ceiling). That way I don't have light directly facing the drawer faces, but rather shining down from above.

ZS Reserve Officer

Of course the board I link is a 6000k board. The point still stands, though.

That AM2302 how accurate is that? I was looking at something like HTS2030SMD

ZS Reserve Officer

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    That AM2302 how accurate is that? I was looking at something like HTS2030SMD
    It's likely more accurate than that SMD chip you're looking at. The HTS2030SMD appears to have the same (or similar) structure as the DHT11, which is not as accurate as the DHT22... and neither one is nearly as accurate as the Sensiron SHT11, which, from the literature, is amazingly accurate.

The Sensirion SHT1x addresses many of these issues head on. It is a smart sensor for both humidity and temperature, and it comes from the factory in a tiny package that incorporates the analog to digital interface. All that your microcontroller has to do is read out the humidity and temperature values through the two-wire digital serial interface. The only math required is a simple scale and offset. The SHT1x is factory calibrated so that it returns temperature with a resolution of 0.01 degrees Celsius and relative humidity with a resolution of 0.03 percent. The accuracy is better than most other sensors too. Worst-case temperature accuracy is +/- 2 degrees C - but in the "room temperature" range the accuracy better than +/- 1 degree C. The relative humidity sensor is similarly accurate: +/- 3.5% in the range 20% to 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by elricfate View Post
    It's likely more accurate than that SMD chip you're looking at. The HTS2030SMD appears to have the same (or similar) structure as the DHT11, which is not as accurate as the DHT22... and neither one is nearly as accurate as the Sensiron SHT11, which, from the literature, is amazingly accurate.
    Nice that SHT25 looks to be perfect... I am going to have to resume my project it looks like thanks for turning me onto sensirion... That looks to be exactly what I was looking for.... I couldn't find the right sensor... Actually the SHT75 will make my life easier
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-03-2013 at 01:01 PM.

ZS Reserve Officer

Argh. It's been some time now and I still haven't made an order for the drawers. The problem is that I can't seem to get an answer about how much depth the drawers have and how much room I will have behind them to work with inside of the wineador. Does anyone have the answer? Is it 1", 2", etc?

Puffer Fish with some spikes madirishman's Avatar

Take a look at my build. Enjoy your cooler, they are a great buy!

My Edgestar 28 Build

ZS Reserve Officer

This isn't dead, but finances have definitely slowed me down some. I think I've figured out the direction to go with the lighting and will be using disc lights instead of strip or rope lighting. I also will be picking up some ribbon cables to wire up the beast.

ZS Reserve Officer

Ugh. This has been put on hold for, probably, the next couple of months due to my wife needing a new set of LG Washer/Dryer, the Red ones that are a ton of money because they're red... and the drawers they sit on, too. But if I'm going to spend a bunch on a Wineador, she should get her toys too, I guess.

In the meantime, I'm trying to think of some kind of decoration for the glass pane. Likely something that won't cover it completely, maybe just border it... or something in the center. I can't think of any decals I might enjoy, maybe some of you can come up with some? If nothing else, I suppose I can line the border with cigar rings.

ZS Reserve Officer

Phew. While we still have not purchased the new equipment, I am moving ahead with this project a bit at a time. I have a master carpenter lined up to give me a quote on a cherry slip-frame for the door on the Wineador. He said he can also replace the handle, so that's rather exciting. Since we can't find time to get together at my place, I'm going to get some dimensions and take some pictures so he can work up a price quote. I'll put it here once I get it, to give you an idea of right around how much it should be, but I don't doubt it's not going to be as cheap as I hope ;-)

ZS Reserve Officer

Well, while my finances went stagnant for a little bit, I finally got all my duckies in a row this month and will not only have my Steelwater gun safe, but I ordered a set of Forrest's drawers (Ed at Waxingmoon is starting up his Wineador business in a month or two per his email, and I never even got a reply from Chasidor).

I got the EdgeStar/Koldfront 5 Drawer 1 Shelf with Cherry Hardwood fronts (including the shelf) and 3" drawer pulls. I ordered it RUSH and am having him invoice me for a bead tray for underneath the false front bottom drawer. Once all that gets here and I get it equalized, I'm going to start to build a PVC exhaust bar for each drawer. There's a small slat in the back of each Forrest drawer, or at least that's what I observed, and I am going to point a PVC bar with holes indexed in it directly at that. One PVC exhaust bar per drawer, with an intake at the bottom of the wineador set on a digital timer to run once every 6-8 hours for 10-15 minutes ought to keep the humidity pretty even throughout.

Then it's just time to sit down and figure out HOW I want my lights to be mounted, and WHERE I want them to be.

ZS Reserve Officer

Another thing I've been thinking of... I was looking for some kind of sticker or stick-on logo for the wineador and coming up with results that were not tenable or results that I simply didn't like...

So I think I'm going to go a different way and get some Glass Etching cream and actually either etch the inside or outside of the glass. Now to decide on a logo to use, or phrase... nothing too difficult to tape off, though I suppose almost anything can be etched as long as it is high contrast.

ZS Reserve Officer

Name:  03-Torano_Cigars_MakeTimeToBurnLogo.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  67.4 KB

huh, weird. The image shows up in my preview but not in my post. It's the Torano "Make Time to Burn" lettering. I think I might try that in big text, and find a high contrast cigar sketch and/or whiskey tumbler...

Unless we have some artists on here who are willing to sketch it out, of course.

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

Breezing thru this thread, one thing comes to mind.

Pics.
    ...or GTFO

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast