Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Wineador:how big is too big?

This is a discussion on Wineador:how big is too big? within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Hello fellow puffers, I've recently stumbled upon a wine cooler in my local area at an extremely good price. Problem ...

Wineador:how big is too big?

Hello fellow puffers, I've recently stumbled upon a wine cooler in my local area at an extremely good price. Problem is it happens to be an Infinity(sp?) and it stands about 4.5 to 5 ft tall and it turns on but does not refrigerate. Now I don't think the refrigerant is a problem but is this too big to make a successful wineador. I was going to modify a cabinet but this is slot cheaper....I need HELP!!!

No longer a community member.

Re: Wineador:how big is too big?

Do you need the cooling properties of the wine coolers? Is it freon? How much is a new compressor?

No matter what a cabinet that size will require some fans inside and a whole lot of Kitty litter, HCM or HF beads...

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    Do you need the cooling properties of the wine coolers? Is it freon? How much is a new compressor?

No matter what a cabinet that size will require some fans inside and a whole lot of Kitty litter, HCM or HF beads...
    Sorry I should have been a little clearer. I shouldn't need the cooling properties of the frig but my collection isn't big enough to warrant such a large cabinet but I hope it will be one day. I had assumed KL and at least two fans. I guess my question is does this sound reasonable or ridiculous?

No longer a community member.

@TonyBrooklyn posted this awhile back http://www.mycigarsite.com/subopcion...cion1aeng.html

If you don't need the cooling etc you can do some mods and it will work out fine I don't see why not...

Even if you take a large fridge and use it with a compressor ( suggest a wine cooler though ) you can modify it (Electronic Temp Control ETC for turning on off the compressor, Fans etc, Possibly Thick Aluminum heat sink to avoid condensation ) so the RH changes are minimal when the compressor turns on.... Takes alot of tweaking etc for storing in a fridge with cooling that uses compressor.....

Once the Bimmer gets fixed I am going to buy a 166 bottle edgestar or 140 bottle vinotemp and use it with the cooling...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-17-2013 at 03:20 PM.

If you have to knock down a wall to get it into the house ....its too big
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

We go on and on and on about getting something bigger than you expect you'll need....what more do you want?
    Get it, plenty of space and in a while you'll be thinking about additional storage...lol

No such thing as to big!!!

Go big or don't go.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I thought about purchasing the same unit you have also discovered.

However I ended up buying the two Tresanti Madison Cabinets instead.

You can never have to much storage IMHO

Last edited by UBAH; 04-17-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Forgot my Duck
    Do Not believe a single word UBAH post, His life is in your hands. If the Elites find out you know what UBAH knows, UBAH will be up a creek without Eggs.

Thanks for all the help guys. I've sent the seller an email and I'm awaiting a response. The unit normally retails for $2000 and the seller only wants $75.00. Normally I would assume its too good to be true but in this case I'm willing to risk it for that much space.