Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Newbie Needs Humidor >$50

This is a discussion on Newbie Needs Humidor >$50 within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; not very pretty but to get started, a tupperdor will keep your stash properly hydrated. less cash for storage and ...

Re: Newbie Needs Humidor >$50

not very pretty but to get started, a tupperdor will keep your stash properly hydrated. less cash for storage and more cash for stash. go bigger than you think you will need

How To Build An ULTRA CHEAP Tuperdor (Step By Step W/Pics)
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Young Puffer Fish

Wow! That is amazing! I know what I'm doin tomorrow! I can't even see why I need a humidor when I can do that, although I'm sure one is in my future.

I have one question though, how would I go about recharging the kitty litter, another legging full of it in a separate container and rotate? Or would it just be easier to stock up on a whole bunch of Boveda packs? Seems like that would be pretty expensive and defeat the purpose?

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Http://www.cigarsinternational.com/SAZ49

That is what I started with. Like others said, grab a couple bovida packs, a cutter, and a lighter and you're all set to go!

Plus it is a glass top so you can see your sticks!
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    That is what I started with. Like others said, grab a couple bovida packs, a cutter, and a lighter and you're all set to go!

Plus it is a glass top so you can see your sticks!

Does this humidor have a decent seal? Whatever it is that I end up using, I want to make sure it will keep my cigars nicely. My collection isn't large (around 15 sticks), but I have some nice and "expensive to me" cigars I would hate to lose.

That "Tupperdore" is looking pretty sweet though. Either way I still know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenho21 View Post
    Does this humidor have a decent seal? Whatever it is that I end up using, I want to make sure it will keep my cigars nicely. My collection isn't large (around 15 sticks), but I have some nice and "expensive to me" cigars I would hate to lose.

That "Tupperdore" is looking pretty sweet though. Either way I still know what I'm doing tomorrow.
    I have two of them, one really old abused one that was given to me, and one brand new one I got about two months ago. The new one is holding a steady 67% right now using the foam humidification device and 50/50 cigar juice. It is sitting on my desk in my dorm room so they aren't in any special conditions.

Both have a very solid seal and hold nicely after being seasoned.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Just buy a cooler!!! $20 and it wil hold a ton of sticks!
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

Disinterested

Seriously! Avoid the cheap humidors and stick with a cooler, or tupperware.

I would advise against kitty litter in any small vessel, where space is, or shortly will become a concern. It simply requires too much volume, as compared to aBoveda, or better yet, Heartfelt Humidity Beads. Additionally, the latter are regulated, so require no "training", which is unavoidable in the case of litter.

Young Puffer Fish

To the Meijer/hardware/cigar shop I go!

Young Puffer Fish

Where do I get the Heartfelt Beads, Heartfeltindustries.c o m? The only reason I ask is because I thought they came in a bag not a tube..

Puffer Fish with many spikes A.McSmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenho21 View Post
    Where do I get the Heartfelt Beads, Heartfeltindustries.c o m? The only reason I ask is because I thought they came in a bag not a tube..
    They come in many forms now. The free beads are really more for larger set ups, where you can place them in a small bowl, or whatever you'd like. You can get the round humidifier or tubes in 60, 65 or 70% rH. If you're going the small/medium tupperdore route, the rounds or Tubes will be good for you.

Young Puffer Fish

Awesome, thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2