Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbie Needs Humidor >$50

This is a discussion on Newbie Needs Humidor >$50 within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So, I'm brand new to the cigar world and looking fora humidor. I would like to stay around $50 or ...

Young Puffer Fish

Newbie Needs Humidor >$50

So, I'm brand new to the cigar world and looking fora humidor. I would like to stay around $50 or so. Can anyone direct me to a good source to find a humidor or even a kit?

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Re: Newbie Needs Humidor >$50

Just get this and a couple Boveda packs. Half the cigars in it suck but if your new enough you wont even know that..... Plus it is a good enough variety that it may teach you some things. Oh, and the humidor is serviceable enough too, I have a couple of them and they work fine.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

I would be willing to do a trade I have three 40 count that I do not use. I see you can not pm just reply on this thread.

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks Wicked, I just may end up buying that one.

The Big K- What would you be wanting to trade? I only have about 10 or 15 cigars in my collection and am not really willing to part with them. I recently purchased them to find my stride with smoking. Sooo I don't know what kind of trade we could work out....but lemme know

Young Puffer Fish

Also, looking at my post count I do believe I've posted more than three...now four...weird.

Young Puffer Fish

This is shameless post count inflation happening

Puffer Fish with many spikes A.McSmoke's Avatar

Was just posting in another thread, but myself and others I know have had good results with the economic models from Cuban Crafters.

But the CI bundle that Wicked_Rhube posted is decent just for the smokes alone, and the humi will get you by until you're ready to upgrade.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Nature's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenho21 View Post
    Also, looking at my post count I do believe I've posted more than three...now four...weird.
    Posts in New Puffer Fish forum are not counted.
    and with that: Welcome!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nature View Post
    Posts in New Puffer Fish forum are not counted.
    and with that: Welcome!
    Thank you sir

Young Puffer Fish

cubancrafters-Mio Cherry Wood Humidor (can't post links yet)

Does this one seem to be an even better deal than the one Wicked mentioned. I'm trying to maximize value with my purchase and since I already have a handful of cigars (and gathering more every day), I thought trying to find one with a hygrometer and humidifier would be a better buy, what do you think?

What about a tupperware container and a couple boveda packs? Should be able to do that for like $15 depending on how much you spend on the tupperware.

Puffer Fish with many spikes A.McSmoke's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the Cuban Crafter humidor is better, and I'm pretty sure the CI cigars are better. Guess it comes down to which is more important to you at the moment.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

+1 on the tupperdor. The one in this guide is cheap, foolproof, and makes a great travel humi after you've outgrown it.

New Tupperdor? STOP!!!!!

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    +1 on the tupperdor. The one in this guide is cheap, foolproof, and makes a great travel humi after you've outgrown it.

New Tupperdor? STOP!!!!!
    +10000 on the tupperdor! Any wooden humidor in that range is going to be junk and no wooden humidor will hold humidity as well as a tupperdor.

The only advantages a wooden humidor has over tupperware is a) insulation and b) aesthetics. Save your money, or spend it on cigars, at least until you can afford a quality wooden humidor. Until you're spending in the ball park of $3 per stick count, you're gonna get varying grades of junk.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post

New Tupperdor? STOP!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    +10000 on the tupperdor! Any wooden humidor in that range is going to be junk and no wooden humidor will hold humidity as well as a tupperdor.

The only advantages a wooden humidor has over tupperware is a) insulation and b) aesthetics. Save your money, or spend it on cigars, at least until you can afford a quality wooden humidor. Until you're spending in the ball park of $3 per stick count, you're gonna get varying grades of junk.
    Absolutely the cheapest and easiest method for storing your cigars. I have multiple Lock and Lock boxes and each holds ~50-75 cigars depending on the size.
    They work great are cheap and I store them under my side of the bed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast