Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New coolidor build!!!

This is a discussion on New coolidor build!!! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I just completed a small coolidor to keep a few sticks at work. I used a small cooler from Walmart ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Isaac's Avatar

New coolidor build!!!

I just completed a small coolidor to keep a few sticks at work. I used a small cooler from Walmart that was less than $10 and some Spanish cedar I ordered from dndhardwoodsonline.com . The tray is 1\4" SC with 1\8" slats for the bottom. The bottom of the cooler is lined with 1/8" with two 1/4" dividers that are a pressure fit in the grooves on the walls of the cooler.I plan on putting a Boveda pack holder on the lid.
    New coolidor build!!!-img_20130511_184031.jpg
    New coolidor build!!!-img_20130511_183405_261.jpg
    New coolidor build!!!-img_20130511_183522_802.jpg
    Last edited by Isaac; 05-11-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    This party never started and will never end, it has always been and will always be.

Re: New coolidor build!!!

Technical Data
    Cooler Used: Igloo 9-Quart Island Breeze Cooler
    Interior Demensions 10.5"WW X 6.75"H X 7.5"D.
    Capacity: According to THIS website, It has a maximum capacity of 200 based on Corona, however I think 125-150 would be a little more realistic.
    Humidification...Right now, I have 1 Boveda 65% pack and a Xicar crystal jar in it. I plan to replace the jar with 3 more Boveda packs. (I guess I will need a 4pack holder) At that time, I will probably either partially or completley cover the top with SC. Im just not yet sure how the mechanicals will be arranged.
    Hygrometer: currently a Hygro-set digital, but I really want to find a digital external mount that has an analog look. (if anybody knows a good one, send me a link!!!)
    This party never started and will never end, it has always been and will always be.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Very nice Isaac.
    I hardly ever use a hygrometer with Boveda packs anymore.

Very nice. Did you create/assemble the spanish cedar tray yourself?

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Very nice! Pleas post up a picture once you have some sticks in there!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish teamgotoil's Avatar

Very nice build! I am learning so much on this forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ-Harder View Post
    Very nice. Did you create/assemble the spanish cedar tray yourself?
    um....created....not "assembled".

Nothing but my hands, a router, a mitre saw, a bandsaw, a hand plane, a couple of chisels, a hand saw, glue, and sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    um....created....not "assembled".

Nothing but my hands, a router, a mitre saw, a bandsaw, a hand plane, a couple of chisels, a hand saw, glue, and sandpaper.
    Looks professional. Of course, I'm a complete putz with woodworking so everything looks professional to me. Nonetheless, I wish I had the wherewithal/tools to construct something like that.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

Looks great, and should serve its purpose well. Nice work!

No longer a community member.

That is freakin' awesome. I also saw your thread about building your own humidor. I must say that I'm pretty envious of your woodworking skills.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Wow that's probably the best coolidor "build" I've seen. Nice job! Thanks for providing your material sources as well. Gives me motivation to try something myself!

Maturing Puffer Fish

very nice coolidor! now time to fill it up

I'm a little late to the party here, but nicely done! Also thank you for the source for the spanish cedar. I have had the devil's own time trying to source some stock, and that looks like a reasonable way to do it. I'm just at a tupperdore right now, but I would love to get some organization in there using spanish cedar as the medium. Not sure if I'm going to go with trays or some other system. Either way, thanks for the inspiration!

Newbie in the ocean

Sweet!