Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lighter recommendations

This is a discussion on Lighter recommendations within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I'm in the market for a decent pocket lighter. I was looking at a Black Label el Presidente but a ...

Lighter recommendations

I'm in the market for a decent pocket lighter. I was looking at a Black Label el Presidente but a bit pricy for me and I was bidding on a Porsche lighter on eBay but got out bid at the last second.

id like to hear some recommendations and opinions on some lighters and torch vs soft flame. Something around the $50 range.

thanks,

Re: Lighter recommendations

I recommend a Xikar. Good quality and a lifetime warranty. You can find em cheap on Cbid.

Not a big fan of their designs. A bit bulky looking.

Spend some more money, and get a beautiful lighter that will last a lifetime.

IM Corona Double Corona. Dual soft flame, designed just for lighting a cigar.

No torch lighter is built like this. I like the feel even better than my ST Duponts, which cost silly money.

You can find one for a bit over $100 on fleabay. You will never regret the purchase.

Unless you loose it...
    Out of the blue and into the black.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

My fav ATM is an Xikar Vitara. Dimensions are not that far off from a standard zippo (its the same thickness, a little taller and a little more narrow) and it has a 7mm punch built in. It has dual jets and works nicely even in windy conditions. You dont want to go too small unless you intend on refilling every time you use it.

Disinterested

Once again, I agree with Bob. IM Corona, there is no substitute. Where concerns torches, they have their place,but there's no sense in spending money beyond a Ronson Jet Lite. I'd get a double corona and a Jet Lite and know all bases are covered.

Lighters are a pretty personal item. This meaning everyone has a favorite. I got a lighter by accident that I love. I sent in a lighter under Xikars warranty program, which is great by the way. They no longer made that model so they substituted another similar lighter. This was the Axia. Dual jets and reliable. Look around for what suits you but don't overlook the value of Xikars warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Once again, I agree with Bob. IM Corona, there is no substitute. Where concerns torches, they have their place,but there's no sense in spending money beyond a Ronson Jet Lite. I'd get a double corona and a Jet Lite and know all bases are covered.
    It's so hard to explain why we love these lighters so much until you hold one in your hand.

Really, even though they cost a bit more, they are clearly made to last a lifetime.

I think the Xikar guarantee is excellent, BTW. Unfortunately, you will probably have to use it.

The only downside is that the IM Corona is very heavy for it's size.

When Don and I are this emphatic about a product, it's probably something really special.
    Out of the blue and into the black.

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by bpegler View Post
    It's so hard to explain why we love these lighters so much until you hold one in your hand.

Really, even though they cost a bit more, they are clearly made to last a lifetime.

I think the Xikar guarantee is excellent, BTW. Unfortunately, you will probably have to use it.

The only downside is that the IM Corona is very heavy for it's size.

When Don and I are this emphatic about a product, it's probably something really special.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Bob, but I've been told by two independent and reliable sources that IM Corona have been making Dupont internals for several years.

Leading Puffer Fish

I love the Vertigo line by Lotus. They are less expensive than Lotus lighters but I have never had a problem with my Vertigo Bullet and I've had it for about 4 years now. I also have a Colibri single flame torch I've been using for about 2 years and absolutely love it.

I like my Vector Heatran triple torch. Feels high quality in the hand, and lights reliably (unless you need to refill).

Edit: Mine is the Black Crackle, which has a subtle texture to it that makes it easy to grip, but does not feel cheap.
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Get a Ronson Jetlite for 3 bucks and some change then spend the rest on some sticks. I will never spend to much $$ on a lighter when the Jetlite does fine.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

xikar element. 5 years old with nary a problem

Young Fish

For what it's worth, I have a Lotus 42 that I picked up on Amazon for $51 with free shipping, it's solid, feels good in the hand, dual torch, looks classy and works great. It goes through butane fairly quickly, but I also have the flame turned up almost all the way because I use it outside all the time. I fell in love with it the moment I handled one in a store, it just felt like a quality lighter. I found the Xikar, Vector and other Lotus lighters also felt like quality items.

Newbie in the ocean

I have a JETLINE GOTHAM QUAD FLAME BLACK FINISH L that my very wise local cigar shop lady recommended. It does go through some butane, but let's face it, butane is cheap for this hobby. It lights my cigars in any kind of wind without fail.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast