Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What is your best cigar cutter of all time?

This is a discussion on What is your best cigar cutter of all time? within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Excellent replies all. I have them all except the Cuban Crafters which I will now order. Thanks so much for ...

Young Fish

Smile Re: What is your best cigar cutter of all time?

Excellent replies all. I have them all except the Cuban Crafters

which I will now order. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Re: What is your best cigar cutter of all time?

Cuban Crafter & most of my "free" lighters have a punch. And the free Monticristo punch is great.

Google my "free punch" thread. I can't remember the link.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Sixspeedsam's Avatar

Still use Zino Davidoff cigar cutter I bought back in the early 90s ... hasn't let me down yet. Although I am tempted to try a Xikar and some of the newer cutters.

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Palio.... Xikars need warranty work daily.
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

+1 on the Palio best cutter I ever owned. Seems to be the only one that follows me everywhere. Mi Xikars get no action....but I do love my room 101 one. My Cuban Crafters was great for about 2 months then was tucked away in the back of the drawer because it became too loose.

Puffer Fish with some spikes CigarKidUSAF's Avatar

Just picked up a Palio myself and I can say I wont be using anything else from here on out!
    I've got a great cigar collection - Well it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.

I love my Xi1

Full grown Puffer Fish Kindanutz's Avatar

Prometheus H series is my go to favorite cutter

I have a Xikar that I got really early on, and I love it, but now I seem to be gravitating almost 90% towards a punch, although right now just the cheap one on my lighter. It's time for me to make an investment in a nicer one.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    Palio.... Xikars need warranty work daily.
    Gotta agree with Jason i thought Xi-kars were special. Till mine broke went out to be fixed. Grabbed a Palio to tide me over never looked back. Xi-kar has great customer service they sent me two new Xi-kars which i sold here on puff. I still use the Palio daily that was years ago
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

When I'm being a snob, my Xikar Xi 3 with bocote wood. Otherwise I use my Xi 1 for times I'm smoking away from home. It fits nicely in my pocket. Palio for home and international travel.

I have had occasional trouble with Xikar, but their warranty takes care of this. Palio works great, but it is lacking in aesthetics and is too bulky in my pocket.
    Out of the blue and into the black.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin_dad's Avatar

I was a huge Xikar fan until I got a Palio. The Palio is by far the best cutter I have used! Palio all the way!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CopGTP's Avatar

I have to say my absolute favorite is my Xikar V-cut (only because I really enjoy v-cut) , a close second is my palio, which needs warranty work . I'll use a punch every now and then when I'm feeling sassy.
    PPD: Cigar Bombing Task Force

Quote Originally Posted by smokin_dad View Post
    I was a huge Xikar fan until I got a Palio. The Palio is by far the best cutter I have used! Palio all the way!
    I think I'll have to grab a Palio too, I've heard a few guys mention this.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

A few months ago I would have said Palio without blinking with 2nd place going to the before its time, inexpensive, super sharp single blade Havana cutter (anybody remember these? Mine is 10 years old). I've been rolling with Palio for over 9 years (exchanged my 9 yo Palio for a new one earlier this year) and it certainly preformed great over the years. I like the xikar cutters too (my Xi1 is from 2005)...though I do not particulary enjoy operating the ulta slim xikar as it just never feel solid with the way it has to be used.

But after having used the Cuban Crafter perfect cutters for a few months, I am sold on these as my new favorite. I love that they hold the clipped cap until I want to eject it and LOVE the limitation of how much can be cut off. A double may be necessary on some Torpedos/belicosos but I don't mind that. The blades cut extremely well and I really enjoy the extra heft/solid feel of these cutters (I prefer the heavier stainless steel body version over the lighter black anodized aluminum version). They're also pefect for low light cutting as I don't need to see much at all to still get a great cut...comes in handy for me with my backyard nighttime smoking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast