Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What is your best cigar cutter of all time?

This is a discussion on What is your best cigar cutter of all time? within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Sure, there are many from old stand bys like Xikar to Palio, and new ones like Shuriken, but which one ...

Young Fish

Thumbs up What is your best cigar cutter of all time?

Sure, there are many from old stand bys like Xikar to Palio, and new ones like Shuriken, but which one works the best for you? Hey, if your teeth are what works tell me and tell me why.

MDS

Re: What is your best cigar cutter of all time?

I have the Xikar Ultra Slim cutter and I have found it to be my favorite cutter that I've used. It's thin and clips onto my magnetic wallet without noticeably increasing the size. The blades are sharp and though it took a few cuts to learn how to make a good cut I have become very comfortable with it. (You have to push with your palm instead of with your thumb as I did with previous cutters) It also looks pretty cool especially in the gunmetal version.

Why do I gotta be Mr Pink dgold21's Avatar

When I travel I take the Palio, at home it's the Xikar...but I'm still in amazement I haven't yet lopped a fingertip off with the Xikar, I play with it incessantly. (knocking on wood)

Leading Puffer Fish HTML5 Gordon's Avatar

My favorite cutter is my Cuban Crafters Perfect cutter. I also have a Xikar punch on my keychain. These are the only two things I use now.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Isonj's Avatar

I just picked up the "perfect cutter" two weeks ago and I am thinking that may be my go to cutter. I have more expensive ones, but for the price you cannot beat it.

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

I'm a palio an myself.

Leading Puffer Fish

My go-to cutter is a cheap-o Havana Punch Cutter. I love a punch cut but I have a nasty habit of losing my cutters (and lighters for that matter). This one is super inexpensive and works like a charm.

Cuban Crafters, I believe it is the " perfect " model. Lifetime warranty. It was like $20
    LOL "daily driver" - Eight months still sharp

Last edited by Bondo 440; 07-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

Full grown Puffer Fish OratorORourke's Avatar

I have a few, but the one I keep going back to is my JdN "Bullet Proof" cigar cutter...

"This Joya de Nicaragua Bulletproof Cigar Cutter will provide you with the perfect cut. This cutter is uniquely designed to be "idiot proof", in that it has a metal backing that keeps your cigar from being cut too deeply. These cutters look and work great..."

The cutter is solid and has a nice weight and feel to it. I think I snagged mine off of eBay for like $12...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by dgold21 View Post
    When I travel I take the Palio, at home it's the Xikar...but I'm still in amazement I haven't yet lopped a fingertip off with the Xikar, I play with it incessantly. (knocking on wood)
    Amazing, I thought I was the only one who did that!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

SAK, without a doubt. Not the punch cutter but the C cupped scissor one. The reason why is because I've been using it for about 10yrs. and it still cuts like brand new and it has great control.

Full grown Puffer Fish Calikind's Avatar

Perfect cutter from Cuban Crafters. Best cutter i have used to date.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I'm a Palio guy...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Puffer Fish with some spikes alexcue's Avatar

I've got just about every style of cutter out there. My favorite is the Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter, I like the Palio, the Xikar X2 and their XV V-Cutter. But if i needed to grab just one to go pretty much anywhere? it's the Perfect cutter by CC. Great price, great warranty.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jurgenph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HTML5 Gordon View Post
    My favorite cutter is my Cuban Crafters Perfect cutter. I also have a Xikar punch on my keychain. These are the only two things I use now.
    i seem to use...

50% cuban crafters perfect cutter
    40% cheap punch cutter (need to get me a punch that cuts a bigger home for larger RG cigars)
    8% xicar xi3
    1% cuban crafters 3 blade scissors
    1% toothpick

i've never tried a palio, but i haven't seen anyone complain about them, maybe i should get one and see for myself.

J.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast