Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good quality non-torch lighter

This is a discussion on Good quality non-torch lighter within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Anyone have any suggestions for a good quality, non-torch lighter. I'm looking for something with some weight and a bit ...

Newbie in the ocean

Good quality non-torch lighter

Anyone have any suggestions for a good quality, non-torch lighter. I'm looking for something with some weight and a bit of size to it (also large fuel capacity), but I don't need anything that can tack weld. Most of the lighters I see are torch, but unless I'm in the wind, that flame it way too unwieldy.

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Good quality non-torch lighter

I use a regular zippo with a KGM Thunderbird butane insert. I think it's the most economical route. Z-Plus! makes a jet torch butane insert, but as far as I'm aware, only Vector KGM makes a soft flame butane insert. If a warranty is important to you, the Xikar EX product line is nice too, they can be as much as $50 though.

I'm currently in the market for a 'im double corona', but seeing as I live in Ontario, it's difficult to locate such a specific item without going to an auction site.

As far as I can tell, those are the best soft flame lighters, unless you want to purchase matches, which are also a retro option. Colibri has a soft flame called the Wellington, but people frequently complain about Colibri, and I have no experience with the brand.

P.s. I just noticed that all these lighters I recommended use flints, with the exception of the Xikar EX, which is piezo if memory serves me correctly. So if changing flints is something you don't want to do, the Xikar may be the best choice.

Take a look at the Alec Bradley Burner, seems to fit your description.... especially the size part.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Alec Bradley Burner for home use, Xikar EX for a pocketable soft flame with decent sized fuel capacity.

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Bic
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

I have owned and used a Xikar Exodus for several years and it has performed impeccably.
    I heartily recommend it for anyone who desires a soft flame.
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Disinterested

Not sure what sort of budget you have, but in my opinion, the best lighter going at any price is the IM Corona Double Corona. It meets all your criteria and is beautiful. Not cheap, but supreme value for money.

Leading Puffer Fish

Alec Bradley Burner or Vector KGM Burner for home use. Have you thought of a dual flame (both soft and torch) so just in case you are in the wind you are set? Vector makes the Elite and the Armor (both dual flames) and pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    Alec Bradley Burner or Vector KGM Burner for home use. Have you thought of a dual flame (both soft and torch) so just in case you are in the wind you are set? Vector makes the Elite and the Armor (both dual flames) and pretty reasonable.
    The dual lighters are nice and versatile but I have not seen one with a large fuel capacity.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ky70 View Post
    The dual lighters are nice and versatile but I have not seen one with a large fuel capacity.
    How large of a fuel tank are you looking for? The Ever Tech Pistol has a big honkin fuel tank but it isn't a pocket lighter

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    How large of a fuel tank are you looking for? The Ever Tech Pistol has a big honkin fuel tank but it isn't a pocket lighter
    The OP mentioned wanting a large fuel tank in the first post...not sure of his definition of large (that pistol looks interesting). But since the OP is seeking a soft flame, he may view dual flame fucntionality as a minus.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Not sure what sort of budget you have, but in my opinion, the best lighter going at any price is the IM Corona Double Corona. It meets all your criteria and is beautiful. Not cheap, but supreme value for money.
    I want one of these, but I can't find one anywhere in Ontario.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I'd also recommend the Xikar EX for your pocket lighter...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Puffer Fish with some spikes alexcue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ky70 View Post
    Alec Bradley Burner for home use, Xikar EX for a pocketable soft flame with decent sized fuel capacity.
    Own them both... Very good dependable lighters. The Burner is just perfect at home, you have such a wide range of adjustment. The wind is really not an issue with this beast.

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by grey-feather View Post
    I want one of these, but I can't find one anywhere in Ontario.
    You might not have a distributor in your area, but HERE'S A LINK. I'm pretty sure they'll ship Cannuck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast