Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Should I Be Concered?

This is a discussion on Should I Be Concered? within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I have a 50 count humidor and I'm using the Xikar system. The humidity in my humidor has been holding ...

Newbie in the ocean

Should I Be Concered?

I have a 50 count humidor and I'm using the Xikar system. The humidity in my humidor has been holding around 68 but the temps have been all over the place (70-7. I have around 35 sticks in the humidor. Should I look for a different place to have my humidor or is my current location (living room on entertainment center) ok?

Yes, I do have a larger humidor ordered........

Thanks

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Re: Should I Be Concered?

Try to keep it below 70 degrees...
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

Why do I gotta be Mr Pink dgold21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    Try to keep it below 70 degrees...
    That is easier said than done...here in central California, where it's been well over 100 degrees for much of the summer, it would cost a fortune in A/C to even get it to the low 70's.

In my wineador, I have it set for about 75F, any lower and it would run constantly and dry out my smokes. When it cools down, I'll probably try to keep it around 68F.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Living room is OK, on entertainment center full of heat emitting electronics, not OK.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hubby's Avatar

I would move it also.. Somewhere a little more cooler... At least a spot with no electronics pumping out heat... Try to get those temps lower...
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci

I was going to say basement, but those probably aren't too common in your area.

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the advice, I will change locations and see if that helps.

Kinda wish I did have a basement........lol