Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Starter Humidor Questions

This is a discussion on Starter Humidor Questions within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by paulb1970 because it seemed like I sneezed and it bam the 20 was full. I literally did ...

Why do I gotta be Mr Pink dgold21's Avatar

Re: Starter Humidor Questions

Quote Originally Posted by paulb1970 View Post
    because it seemed like I sneezed and it bam the 20 was full.
    I literally did this...had my finger on the button for a free fall auction on cbid...sneezed and bam!, proud owner of a box of 24 Tats

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

I sneezed and BAM a hundred count was full. We all know how sneezes seldom come one at a time. I sneezed again and BAM 200 count full then again and BAM 300 count full, then again and BAM tupperdor full. Not buying any more humis and just hope I can get most of this in my wineador. On the fence right now of getting another wineador and having one for loose sticks and one for boxes. Ill see once...as Don would say....I have it packed so full you cant get a greased BB in it!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Maturing Puffer Fish

Get the a 100 count. It does not take up too much space on your desk or shelf. And it gives you the option of having many different types of cigars. It also gives you the room to let your new purchases rest.

Why do I gotta be Mr Pink dgold21's Avatar

I use a 40ct for my dry box

Puffer Fish with some spikes SigMike's Avatar

I would say, find you a 100 count. I got mine about 4 weeks ago and it is already full! I like larger rings, so my 100 ct is actually more like a 55-60 ct. The larger size would allow you to designate a side for long term rest and a side to burn to the ground. The hardest part is waiting. I smoke 3-5 per week right now, and wish I had a 200 ct humi.

What part of TX you living in?

Young Fish

I would figure out what you think you'll need and double it. Was making do with a fifty and upgraded to a 200. I just noticed I have the new one about 2/3 full. Not sure if I'm ordering in my sleep or cigar fairies are filling it at night.

The 100 count will allow plenty of space at the bottom for "forgetting" a couple dozen for a year or better. Might be tough to do with a 50.

Time passes quickly and those babies on the bottom will be pure sweetness in short order.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by SigMike View Post

What part of TX you living in?
    North Dallas - just north of 121 in Frisco

Young Fish

By the way - I've decided on 100 count. However until I find one I like I'm going tupperware. I figure this way I can build my stash while I search.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by CigarRunn3r View Post
    By the way - I've decided on 100 count. However until I find one I like I'm going tupperware. I figure this way I can build my stash while I search.
    Check out the Tribeca Humidor on CBid.

Tribeca Humidor - 100 Capacity (#1557415) - CigarBid.com

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Nothing wrong with that. I spent more time looking at Humis than I care to admit before making a choice. It gets even harder as one retailer will use different criteria for quoting stick capacity than another. Ive seen a 100 count represented on one site then same humi on another be listed at 60 count. My guess is the second one was reasonable and the first was using cigarillos as their reference.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

North Dallas - just north of 121 in Frisco
    Western FTW here. Part time runner, done 3 different 13.1's and a couple sprint tri's. didn't know if you trained around here.

Young Fish

Well my humidor arrived today. 100 count adirondack. Seasoning starts tomorrow. Shopping starts next week.

Well my humidor arrived today. 100 count adirondack. Seasoning starts tomorrow. Shopping starts next week.
    That is the humi I just set up about 5 weeks ago. Mine is holding Rh like a rock, but I did some upgrades. I put a xikar digital hygro( just pulled the trim from the lid, use the rectangle type) and ordered heartfelt lid humidifier to replace the sponge type that came with the unit. The hygro that comes with the unit was way off and is not adjustable. Enjoy the humi, I am happy with it, so far.
    "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. ― George Burns

Puffer Fish with some spikes

i have recommended that one to several people and they all seem to love it. great choice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast