Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wineador - all the cool kids are doing it!

This is a discussion on Wineador - all the cool kids are doing it! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; That looks really nice....

Young Fish

Re: Wineador - all the cool kids are doing it!

That looks really nice.

very cool. Zebra wood was a nice upgrade.

Righteously Bitchin' voiceoverguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRN View Post
    very cool. Zebra wood was a nice upgrade.
    Thanks! By the way - that's the most disgusting avatar I've ever seen...

Disinterested

Love it

Young Puffer Fish

Looks great man. I like the zebra wood also. I cant wait to get my drawers now...

Maturing Puffer Fish Puroprince's Avatar

Super clean look nice job!

Okay - I didn't stress too much about seasoning the drawers. I took the advice in this thread - put my drawers in, took a reading overnight, it was pushing 60, so I threw in my beads and a few boveda packs, and threw my sticks in the next day. It's been holding steady at 65/65 for close to a week. Love this thing!

So without further ado, here are my sticks - It may be modest, but it's still mine

Stay tuned for my next project - I believe I'm building a cigar lounge...

That's nice! I have a donor unit from a relative. Still playing around with drawers vs shelves. I plan to keep mostly boxes and go with less drawer storage. Decisions, decisions...
    ---"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Conscientious Objector Cardinal's Avatar

Looking good, and you've got a bunch of nice smokes in there!
    Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor - Splinter

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Looking good, and you've got a bunch of nice smokes in there!
    Thanks! I always like to try a little something different each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmalde View Post
    That's nice! I have a donor unit from a relative. Still playing around with drawers vs shelves. I plan to keep mostly boxes and go with less drawer storage. Decisions, decisions...
    Just get two - one for shelves and boxes, one for drawers and singles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by voiceoverguy View Post
    Just get two - one for shelves and boxes, one for drawers and singles!!!
    I'm fortunate that I don't currently have any problems that money can't solve. I've been toying with the idea of one of these and calling it mission complete.
    600-Model Wine Cabinet (2 Cooling Units) - Vinotemp

Also, I have a walk-in closet in an unused bedroom that I have toyed with converting into a full on walk-in humidor. Cooling has always been the issue that has held me back, but I am sure someone makes a gadget that could do the trick without drying out the air. It helps that my son-i-l is an electrician.
    ---"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I'm fortunate that I don't currently have any problems that money can't solve. I've been toying with the idea of one of these and calling it mission complete.
    600-Model Wine Cabinet (2 Cooling Units) - Vinotemp

Also, I have a walk-in closet in an unused bedroom that I have toyed with converting into a full on walk-in humidor. Cooling has always been the issue that has held me back, but I am sure someone makes a gadget that could do the trick without drying out the air. It helps that my son-i-l is an electrician.
    A walk in humidor would be righteous!

The closet is on an exterior corner. To make it worse, it's on the SE corner. Cooling and not jumbling up the RH has always been the sticking point in my long term walk-in plans. The vapor barrier, wood work, and variable exhaust system I can manage. Finding a thermo unit that doesn't throw extra humidity from condensate is were I hit the wall.

Here's one fellow, an engineer that may be a member here, and his process for just a cabinet. Simplicity is not in an engineer's vocabulary, but he has some interesting issues that he overcomes with some ingenious solutions.

http://www.k6jrf.com/Design%20of%20A...%20Humidor.pdf

Applying that journey to my closet may be an epic undertaking. I'd probably be better off just sticking the model 600 in the closet and calling it done.
    Last edited by Grimmalde; 10-27-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Disinterested

The closet is on an exterior corner. To make it worse, it's on the SE corner. Cooling and not jumbling up the RH has always been the sticking point in my long term walk-in plans. The vapor barrier, wood work, and variable exhaust system I can manage. Finding a thermo unit that doesn't throw extra humidity from condensate is were I hit the wall.

Here's one fellow, an engineer that may be a member here, and his process for just a cabinet. Simplicity is not in an engineer's vocabulary, but he has some interesting issues that he overcomes with some ingenious solutions.

http://www.k6jrf.com/Design%20of%20A...%20Humidor.pdf

Applying that journey to my closet may be an epic undertaking. I'd probably be better off just sticking the model 600 in the closet and calling it done.
    At this point, either way you go, you're going to pin the cool meter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2