Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Whynter 28 wineador build

This is a discussion on Whynter 28 wineador build within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by FlipMo Attachment 83558 I miss when my Liga drawer looked like this... haha....

Re: Whynter 28 wineador build

Quote Originally Posted by FlipMo View Post
    I miss when my Liga drawer looked like this... haha.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes brimy623's Avatar

Apparently I'm unable to upload my 6th drawer (quota problems again). In any case, it contains 2 boxes of LA GLORIA CUBANA TRUNK SHOW... the one's with the smokeable bands... and 1 box of LA GLORIA CUBANA SERIE R BLACK.

With the exception of the 1st drawer (the ones with the CC's), I havent sampled any of the sticks in any of the 5 other drawers. I bought them so that I can fill up the wineador since I've read good things about the sticks that I purchased them sight unseen. I figured the sticks will have plenty of time to rest during these winter months since I dont smoke in the house. Can't wait for the weather to get warmer! I've had enough of this snow, and it's only supposed to get worse during next week's storm which forecaster's are saying it's going to be a major snow storm with some significant accumulation.... like 2-3 feet they're saying. I'm hope they're just exaggerating.
    To avoid the quota, use a photosharing site (Photobucket, Flickr) and upload using a URL.

I guess a blind man can see!!!
    You wound up with some nice sticks.
    Great looking build. What are you using for humidification? Didn't see that mentioned. Enjoy.
    Last edited by brimy623; 02-05-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!

I'm so jealous of the Macassar Ebony! That was my first choice, but had to settle for Bloodwood. I have been anxiously waiting for your thread since you mentioned you were getting Macassar on another thread. They look like they were well worth the coin!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by brimy623 View Post
    To avoid the quota, use a photosharing site (Photobucket, Flickr) and upload using a URL.

I guess a blind man can see!!!
    You wound up with some nice sticks.
    Great looking build. What are you using for humidification? Didn't see that mentioned. Enjoy.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I have 1lb of 65% RH Heartfelt beads sitting on the bottom of the wineador. I also have a couple of 72% Boveda packs on a couple of drawers. Right now, the wineador is steadily holding at 69% at the bottom, and 66% at the top, with a temp around 63 throughout.

I'm also using 2 types of hygrometers, one in the top drawer, and one at the bottom drawer resting on the handle pull (I dont want to affix it to the wood since I dont want to ruin the wood). I'm using a Xikar hygrometer, and a wireless unit I found while searching for other types of temp/rh displays.

I'm using this one: AcuRite Digital Indoor / Outdoor Temperature & Humidity Monitor with Intelli-Time Clock 00592

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    I'm so jealous of the Macassar Ebony! That was my first choice, but had to settle for Bloodwood. I have been anxiously waiting for your thread since you mentioned you were getting Macassar on another thread. They look like they were well worth the coin!
    Actually the WENGE was my first choice. Then I was watching a show on tv about yachts and what types of materials they use for the tables and furniture and every yacht owner requests MACASSAR EBONY as their choice for hardwood furniture, and I saw that it looked AWESOME! Luckily when I emailed Forrest to see if he can change my choice for hardwood from Wenge to Macassar Ebony, he said he can change it since he hasnt gotten to that part of my build yet. It was only $10 more per drawer so he sent me an invoice for the difference ($60). The Wenge costs $15/drawer while the Macassar Ebony was $25/drawer. The pictures dont do it justice. I think it looks better in person.

Quote Originally Posted by ejewell View Post
    I miss when my Liga drawer looked like this... haha.
    What does it look like now?

What does it look like now?
    Well, I used to have two, actually. Both very full. one with Unico, one with 9/52

Great thread for your build and an excellent result

.......and even better, she's already filled with lots of great sticks, Enjoy!

@FlipMo, since you asked.

Before.......

and After....

Puffer Fish with some spikes USHOG's Avatar

Very nice humidor you have built.

Maturing Puffer Fish willyzhere's Avatar

Really nice, Sir! Actually, quite inspiring. I have a wine fridge laying around, unused...

Quote Originally Posted by rhounsell View Post
    Great thread for your build and an excellent result

.......and even better, she's already filled with lots of great sticks, Enjoy!
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by USHOG View Post
    Very nice humidor you have built.
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by willyzhere View Post
    Really nice, Sir! Actually, quite inspiring. I have a wine fridge laying around, unused...
    Thank you sir! I was actually on the fence about doing a wineador build. But then again I was also inspired to do a wineador build from all the info I gathered from all the various wineador threads. Lots of useful info regarding wineador builds on here if one wants to pull the trigger and do one.

Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar

Nice build and completed project!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast