Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Whynter 28 wineador build

This is a discussion on Whynter 28 wineador build within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Gorgeous build i love the deep color of the drawers. Also i must mention what a way to fill the ...

Re: Whynter 28 wineador build

Gorgeous build i love the deep color of the drawers. Also i must mention what a way to fill the beauty!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by hott wheellzz View Post
    Great looking set up. The drawers and organization looks great!

Hope one day my collection looks half as good as yours, I just bought my first Liga 5er last week
    Thanks! I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to organizing as you can tell from my wineador drawers. Congrats on your first LP purchase. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito11 View Post
    Gorgeous build i love the deep color of the drawers. Also i must mention what a way to fill the beauty!
    Thanks! The Macassar Ebony came out better than I could have imagined. My first choice was the WENGE, but when I saw yacht furniture made with the Macassar Ebony, I emailed Forrest and asked if he can change my hardwood fronts from Wenge to Macassar Ebony, which as you can tell from the outcome, he was able to. Yes it was more expensive, but well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlipMo View Post
    Thanks! The Macassar Ebony came out better than I could have imagined. My first choice was the WENGE, but when I saw yacht furniture made with the Macassar Ebony, I emailed Forrest and asked if he can change my hardwood fronts from Wenge to Macassar Ebony, which as you can tell from the outcome, he was able to. Yes it was more expensive, but well worth it.
    Very fine choice on the wood sir!
    I love the deep tones from that Ebony i truly am a sucker for fine finish details.

No time to enjoy your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito11 View Post
    Very fine choice on the wood sir!
    I love the deep tones from that Ebony i truly am a sucker for fine finish details.

No time to enjoy your hard work!
    It's crazy cold today, and this Winter in general, so no time to enjoy the fruits of my labor/project. But Spring is just around the corner... only 20 days until the first day of Spring. Hopefully I can fire up a FFP as soon as it gets above 60 degrees out. The FFP will be my celebratory stick to christen the wineador.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Rook83's Avatar

Great work man...dark wood drawers look sexy!
    Keep on puffin' in the real world!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook83 View Post
    Great work man...dark wood drawers look sexy!
    Thanks! I'm so glad I changed my hardwood fronts preference from Wenge to the the Macassar Ebony. Even though I hadn't seen finished drawers with Macassar Ebony fronts, I decided to go ahead and order them. It was a bit more $$ but it was well worth it. The pictures don't do it justice. Looks better in person.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish djsmiles's Avatar

I really need to do a wineador...

Yours looks great.
    When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djsmiles View Post
    I really need to do a wineador...

Yours looks great.
    Thanks! Do it! You'll be glad you did!

Newbie in the ocean

Just wondering did you get a heavy clear coat smell? And if so how did you get rid of the smell?
    As you can tell, Forrest wraps all his drawers in plastic wrap and uses styrofoam peanuts so that the drawers arent damaged during shipping.

Attachment 83524

Quote Originally Posted by carloss View Post
    Just wondering did you get a heavy clear coat smell? And if so how did you get rid of the smell?
    No, I didn't get the "heavy clear coat smell" you mentioned. Maybe a light smell, but not an overpowering smell you would get from a heavily varnished piece of furniture. I did however get that nice cedary (is that a word?) note that you get from Spanish Cedar when I removed the plastic wrap that Forrest uses when he ships out his completed drawers and shelves. I don't think Forrest applies a heavy clear coat or stain on the woodfronts, especially when he uses a fine expensive wood like Macassar Ebony. I did however notice a light clear coat applied to my woodfronts, but I think he just applies it to bring out the natural wood grain and to make it "pop". I wouldn't worry too much about the clear coat smell. In time it should go away, and you'll just get the aroma of the Spanish Cedar and the sticks aging/resting within your wineador. Which woodfronts did you get?
    View my Whynter 28 Wineador Build here ---> http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...dor-build.html

Newbie in the ocean

He had no more ebony which was my first choice so I went with wenge
    No, I didn't get the "heavy clear coat smell" you mentioned. Maybe a light smell, but not an overpowering smell you would get from a heavily varnished piece of furniture. I did however get that nice cedary (is that a word?) note that you get from Spanish Cedar when I removed the plastic wrap that Forrest uses when he ships out his completed drawers and shelves. I don't think Forrest applies a heavy clear coat or stain on the woodfronts, especially when he uses a fine expensive wood like Macassar Ebony. I did however notice a light clear coat applied to my woodfronts, but I think he just applies it to bring out the natural wood grain and to make it "pop". I wouldn't worry too much about the clear coat smell. In time it should go away, and you'll just get the aroma of the Spanish Cedar and the sticks aging/resting within your wineador. Which woodfronts did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by carloss View Post
    He had no more ebony which was my first choice so I went with wenge
    Wenge was actually my first choice but then I changed my mind after watching something on tv where they showcased furniture being built for yachts using Macassar Ebony. I loved the way the wood looked and luckily Forrest hadn't started my build yet and was able to change my hardwood preference. It was $10 more per drawer but totally worth the upgrade. Too bad Forrest ran out of the Ebony. Actually my build took longer than expected since he was waiting for a new shipment of the Macassar Ebony. He did tell me that it was a hard wood to order since it's kind of rare and expensive to use which is why he required a minimum of 4 drawers if one wants to order Macassar Ebony drawers. Luckily I decided to get nothing but drawers for my WINEADOR build. It was totally worth the extra wait time and coin. How does your Wenge drawers and/or shelves look? Feel free to post pics.
    Last edited by FlipMo; 03-19-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    View my Whynter 28 Wineador Build here ---> http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...dor-build.html

Newbie in the ocean

I will love to post some pics ..I'm just waiting to find the right handles .. no luck so far

I was going to buy the handles from Home Depot but then I got lazy and decided to just get them from Forrest. Home Depot probably has a huge selection, but I'm still happy with the handle pulls that Forrest included with my drawers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5