Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Whynter 28 wineador build

This is a discussion on Whynter 28 wineador build within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Just finished setting up my first wineador. It took almost 2 months from the time I ordered the 6 drawers ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Whynter 28 wineador build

Just finished setting up my first wineador. It took almost 2 months from the time I ordered the 6 drawers from Forrest to completing the seasoning process. I had planned on consolidating all the sticks from my 2 humidors, both of which hold around 100+ sticks each, into the new wineador. I knew that all the sticks that I had in the 2 humidors wouldnt fill up the wineador, so I ended up ordering a ton of boxes from various places (Cbid, JR, CI, SBC, Famous, etc). I ordered so much (Cbid is mostly to blame!!) that I'm still ending up using the 2 humidors since the wineador will not fit all the sticks like I had originally planned. Kind of a good problem to have if you ask me.

I havent seen anyone post a Whynter 28 Wineador build thread so I thought I'd start one. I've learned alot of valuable info from my fellow BOTL. Thanks to all who shared their wisdom and insights. I couldnt have done this build without the info shared on this board.

Re: Whynter 28 wineador build

I purchased the WHYNTER 28 WINE COOLER/FRIDGE from Home Depot. I paid almost $200 including all taxes and shipping.

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-pic01flash.jpg

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-pic01.jpg

For approximately 2 weeks, I was finally able to remove that new fridge smell, first by loading up the wineador with crumpled up newspaper which I changed out with new newspaper several times after a few days. Afterwards, I placed a bowl of baking soda in the wineador to remove the remaining "plastic" smell which worked like a charm.

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-pic03.jpg

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-pic04.jpg

I removed the small pegs that use to hold the wire racks in place. At first I didnt realize I had to do this until I read somewhere on this board that it needs to be done in order for the drawers and/or shelves to slide perfectly into the wineador.

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-slot-pegs.jpg

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-screwdriver-slot-peg.jpg

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-1st-slot-peg-removed.jpg

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-all-slot-pegs-removed.jpg

I ordered my drawers from Forrest. Since I wasnt in a big rush to get the drawers, I ordered it via regular shipping which Forrest told me it would take 5 weeks. Rush shipping takes 2 weeks and costs $65 extra if I'm not mistaken. I ordered my drawers on November 26 and received them just after the New Year. I used the wait time as an excuse to buy the many boxes of cigars (most of which I havent even tried but read good reviews about them).

Here's a quick spec list of what I ordered from Forrest:

6 Double-Slotted Drawers
    Macassar Ebony Hardwood Fronts
    Chevron Slats
    Vented Sides and Rears
    Drawer Pulls

As you can tell, I went all out on the options that you can choose. I dont think I couldve spent more $$ unless I went with the rush build and shipping option, lol

The famous Home Depot box that Forrest uses to ship his custom made wineador drawers and shelves

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-pic05.jpg

As you can tell, Forrest wraps all his drawers in plastic wrap and uses styrofoam peanuts so that the drawers arent damaged during shipping.

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-pic06.jpg

Front view

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-front-view.jpg

Left profile view

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-left-profile-view.jpg

Right profile view

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-right-profile-view.jpg

Rear view

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-rear-view.jpg

Top view

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-top-view.jpg

Bottom view

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-bottom-view.jpg

Drawer pulls installed (before and after)

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-front-view-no-drawer-pull.jpg

Whynter 28 wineador build-whynter-28-wineador-build-drawer-front-view-drawer-pull.jpg

Before installing the drawers into the wineador, I wiped down all the drawers completely using a new spray bottle I bought from The Container Store filled with Distilled Water and a new sponge I bought from my local grocery store which seemed to work very well. This also was done to start the seasoning process and get the humidity up before adding all the goodies into the wineador.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast