Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zippo

This is a discussion on Zippo within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; How many use zippo lighters? I recently started using a zippo for my cigars and bought a zippo pipe lighter ...

Full grown Puffer Fish

Zippo

How many use zippo lighters? I recently started using a zippo for my cigars and bought a zippo pipe lighter too. I like that they are fool proof and reliable.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Zippo

I see some people convert their zippo's into torch lighters also

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

I don't think smoking cigars with a Zippo is ideal, but do whatever floats your boat brother!
    I was thinking of trying it, but I'm not a fan of the Zippo smell. Do you ever taste the gasoline?

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

I have heard that zippo fuel is not too good for cigars. Just what I've heard.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Full grown Puffer Fish

I have thrown out 2 torch lighters had one seized by tsa and my Xikar has started giving me problems. Guess I'm feed up with high tech but I also switched to a DE razor.

I have been through many torch lighters that have ultimately disappointed me, so I switched to standard zippos, and I now prefer them (for both cigars and pipes). I do not find that the lighter fluid affects the taste. If anything, I have found that the extreme high temperatures of a torch lighter can leave a cigar tasting a little scorched.
    "Quite simply, my dear, tobacco is the greatest pleasure that we have ever discovered... I know of no other miracle like it in nature." -- Bela Lugosi, 1939

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    I have heard that zippo fuel is not too good for cigars. Just what I've heard.
    I heard that too. Just lighting a Knuckle Dragger with my zippo now. LoL

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by swamper View Post
    I heard that too. Just lighting a Knuckle Dragger with my zippo now. LoL
    I've had about 4 knuckledraggers and the draw is very tight on them, I even used a draw poker on them but it didn't help much, enjoy

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Joe K View Post
    I've had about 4 knuckledraggers and the draw is very tight on them, I even used a draw poker on them but it didn't help much, enjoy
    I have had draw issues with the aquitane but not the regular ones.

Zippo a few years back changed their fluid formula and got rid of the kerosene/diesel taste it would leave behind. i do like Zippo lighters, however on recommendation from a friendvand a broken flint wheel I bought a jetlight from Wal-Mart. Been using it for over a year with no problems and only one refill.

Travis

All Zippo's fluid now is odorless so I don't see why it would be a problem anymore. But in the past everybody said not to use them because of the lighter fluid.

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    All Zippo's fluid now is odorless so I don't see why it would be a problem anymore. But in the past everybody said not to use them because of the lighter fluid.
    Don't they also own Ronson now? I just looked at my can of Ronson fuel and it has Zippo markings on it,
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

I currently have a Zippo Blu, can't really say that I love it. I definitely prefer some of my other brand torch lighters. Haven't used my standard Zippo in a long time, the torch has taken over because it started on the golf course and expanded from there.

My EDC is a Zippo with a Z-Plus insert, used for over a year with no problems. On occasion, I use a Zippo with the stock pipe insert to light a bowl and have not had any foul taste from the fluid.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I use a Zippo and cant tell the difference from butane . There is a slight smell a light up but it leaves quickly . I don't toast and never think about doing it .
    I just like to light and smoke it .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast