Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 137

rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

This is a discussion on rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Warren_G We just became friends! I went from 05 to 10. Still live in LexVegas! The Wildcat ...

  
  1. #16

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren_G View Post
    We just became friends! I went from 05 to 10. Still live in LexVegas! The Wildcat Wineador is a sick name. Well played sir
    I knew you were legit as soon as you referred to it as Lex Vegas!! Haha

  2. #17

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    I knew you were legit as soon as you referred to it as Lex Vegas!! Haha
    Funny!

  3. #18

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    I'm going to try and upload my drawer pics through photobucket.
    First Drawer: Alec Bradley, Tatuaje, and Singles


    Second Drawer: Oliva Brand being biggest contributor


    Third Drawer: I got the memo that a Drew Estate drawer seems to be required in every wineador.


    I'm pretty sure I can't show pictures of my fourth drawer.

  4. #19

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Here's a pic of the cedar tray I keep on the top shelf.

  5. #20

    That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Great job on this! I love the bead container...I'm stealing this one too! I also really like the idea of lining it with cedar. I may have to look into that option as I'm waiting for my drawers to arrive.

  6. #21

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectSunfire View Post
    Great job on this! I love the bead container...I'm stealing this one too! I also really like the idea of lining it with cedar. I may have to look into that option as I'm waiting for my drawers to arrive.
    If you want to line your cooler with cedar, you might want to do some tests on what to attach the panels with. Liquid Nails caused a lot of warping, but it definitely does the job. I would maybe suggest some kind of epoxy, but that could be expensive. Let me know what size cooler you're going to use and I can tell you how much, and where to order the planks from.

    I think I'm going to start charging royalties on the bead box idea. Haha

  7. #22

    That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    If you want to line your cooler with cedar, you might want to do some tests on what to attach the panels with. Liquid Nails caused a lot of warping, but it definitely does the job. I would maybe suggest some kind of epoxy, but that could be expensive. Let me know what size cooler you're going to use and I can tell you how much, and where to order the planks from.

    I think I'm going to start charging royalties on the bead box idea. Haha
    I have a NewAir 280. I did a quick search for cedar online but am not sure what to even look for. If you could give me some recommendations that would be awesome!

  8. #23

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectSunfire View Post
    I have a NewAir 280. I did a quick search for cedar online but am not sure what to even look for. If you could give me some recommendations that would be awesome!
    Go onto amazon and search for "Spanish Cedar". It comes in various sizes from a company called "Quality Wood For Less". Now I'm not sure what the interior dimensions are for the 280, but you may need to get two different sizes to stretch the width of your cooler. It worked out perfectly for the 181 by using 2 - 5"x1/4"x48" planks. The 181 is 11" wide so a 1/2" gap on each side was acceptable. I think you may need a combination of the 3" wide and 5" wide. The length of the boards are 48", so you may need to purchase accordingly for the length of your cooler.

    What are the interior dimensions of the 280?

  9. #24

    That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    Go onto amazon and search for "Spanish Cedar". It comes in various sizes from a company called "Quality Wood For Less". Now I'm not sure what the interior dimensions are for the 280, but you may need to get two different sizes to stretch the width of your cooler. It worked out perfectly for the 181 by using 2 - 5"x1/4"x48" planks. The 181 is 11" wide so a 1/2" gap on each side was acceptable. I think you may need a combination of the 3" wide and 5" wide. The length of the boards are 48", so you may need to purchase accordingly for the length of your cooler.

    What are the interior dimensions of the 280?
    I have no idea what the dimensions are. I will have to measure it tonight. I wonder if lining it with cedar is overkill with the drawers...but I love overkill and I can't imagine having too much cedar! plus it will give me something to do while waiting lol

  10. #25

    Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Awesome wineador!!! Thanks for the tip on the bead drawer. I'm going to start mine in a few months. I have everything I need except the Heartfelt beads and activated charcoal.

  11. #26

    That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    The 280 interior dimensions are 14.5 inches wide, 24 inches high and 13 inches deep according to Newair. Will have to verify when I have a chance. Now on to googling for cedar

  12. #27

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectSunfire View Post
    The 280 interior dimensions are 14.5 inches wide, 24 inches high and 13 inches deep according to Newair. Will have to verify when I have a chance. Now on to googling for cedar
    Hmmm.... It might be a little trickier for you. If you were to use the planks I used found on Amazon, you would need (2) 5" wide combined with (1) 3" wide to leave you with .75" on each side, but the length needed (50") is more than the length of one of the boards (48"). An 1" short on both ends really wouldn't warrant buying 3 whole other planks in my opinion.

    Oh, and yes this is all horrible overkill, but it looks pretty cool and smells great!

  13. #28

    Puffer Fish with some spikes


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I think it's shaping up pretty nicely. One thing I'm having trouble is deciding where to put a hygrometer/s. there's plenty of room on the front of the drawers, but I can't bring myself to attach adhesive to them. I might just put one on the top that I'll have to open the cooler to see once I get my rh stabilized. We'll see. Here's a pic I forgot to post. I'll try to keep them coming when I get back.
    Attachment 84084
    I'm with you on this. I also didn't want to directly apply the hygrometer to the Macassar Ebony hardwood fronts... it's too pretty to stick a hygrometer onto it, lol... I also didn't want to have to remove the sticky adhesive if I changed my mind and decided I wanted to change the location of the hygrometer in my wineador. So what I did was rest the hygrometer onto one of the drawer pulls near the top of the wineador. I also use a wireless weather system that I got from Acurite (I think that's the company) which shows the RH and TEMP in 2 places. The display on top shows the readings from the wireless part of the system. Usually people place the wireless part of the unit outside their window to show the current RH and TEMP for outside the house. I just put the wireless sensor on the empty space on the bottom of the wineador near where I keep the glass tray of HF beads. I put the display module on my night-stand next to my bed. The display module also shows the time and date and also the current temp in the room. It's very convenient in that I can check on my wineador's RH/Temp just by checking out the display module without having to go over to the wineador and read the Xikar digital hygrometer that's sitting on the drawer pull. I like my set up. Maybe you should do something like that?


    And yeah, you shouldve gotten the larger wineador. Not much difference in price, but a lot more room for the sticks.

  14. #29

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipMo View Post
    I'm with you on this. I also didn't want to directly apply the hygrometer to the Macassar Ebony hardwood fronts... it's too pretty to stick a hygrometer onto it, lol... I also didn't want to have to remove the sticky adhesive if I changed my mind and decided I wanted to change the location of the hygrometer in my wineador. So what I did was rest the hygrometer onto one of the drawer pulls near the top of the wineador. I also use a wireless weather system that I got from Acurite (I think that's the company) which shows the RH and TEMP in 2 places. The display on top shows the readings from the wireless part of the system. Usually people place the wireless part of the unit outside their window to show the current RH and TEMP for outside the house. I just put the wireless sensor on the empty space on the bottom of the wineador near where I keep the glass tray of HF beads. I put the display module on my night-stand next to my bed. The display module also shows the time and date and also the current temp in the room. It's very convenient in that I can check on my wineador's RH/Temp just by checking out the display module without having to go over to the wineador and read the Xikar digital hygrometer that's sitting on the drawer pull. I like my set up. Maybe you should do something like that?


    And yeah, you shouldve gotten the larger wineador. Not much difference in price, but a lot more room for the sticks.
    This Acurite weather system sounds like the solution I've been looking for!! Any idea what the model number is that you're using or a picture of the display? I'm seeing a few different types of weather stations from Acurite on the market. I'm looking for the best fit now.

  15. #30

    ZS Reserve Officer


     

    Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

    http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weathe...dp/B00EW463SS/

    That's the one I use. I calibrated it. One sensor in my safe, the other sensor in my Wineador.
    View my Wineador build Here!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •