Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

This is a discussion on rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by elricfate Amazon.com - Ambient Weather WS-08-X2 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer with Daily Min/Max Display with Two Remote ...

That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar

Re: rtrimbath's Newair 181 Wineador Build

Quote Originally Posted by elricfate View Post
    would you guys please stop posting new cool stuff that I now have to go buy!!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Thanks @FlipMo for mentioning what you did in regards to the weather station. I've been considering doing this with one I have laying around...I will now do this tonight and give it a shot!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by elricfate View Post
    I didn't realize it came with two sensors. So you can have one on top and one on bottom? I think you definitely found my solution!

ZS Reserve Officer

Yea, you can add up to six more sensors to it. And the console shows min/max temp and humidity for the last 24 hours, resets at midnight, and you can have it cycle through all the different sensors on a five second per sensor scrolling cycle.
    View my Wineador build Here!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I like the look of that one better, but can it use multiple sensors?

ZS Reserve Officer

Looks like it has one sensor with it, but it also looks like it only supports that one sensor :-/

Also I don't see how to calibrate it. Is there a way to do that?

Puffer Fish with some spikes

It only has one sensor. The manual it came with didn't show anything about any calibration needed. I just used it out of the box and haven't had any problems with it thus far.
    View my Whynter 28 Wineador Build here ---> http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...dor-build.html

I literally just got an email from Xikar about their PuroTemp multiple sensor hygrometer. Pretty much exactly what we are talking about. Coincidence? Just saw the price. Kind of expensive. $79.99 for unit and 1 sensor. $39.99 for each additional sensor.
    Last edited by rtrimbath; 03-07-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    I literally just got an email from Xikar about their new PuroTemp multiple sensor hygrometer. Pretty much exactly what we are talking about. Coincidence? Don't have a price on it yet, but if anyone has any info on the PuroTemp let me know. I'm highly interested because all my hygros are Xikar and work great.
    Just got the same one. Then I realized that it was $80 for main unit and 1 sensor. $40 each sensor after that. So for all three sensors and the main unit $160? Yeah..... no. Not for me. No thanks. I'd get a real hygrometer at that price point.
    I <3 Cigars

ZS Reserve Officer

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
    Just got the same one. Then I realized that it was $80 for main unit and 1 sensor. $40 each sensor after that. So for all three sensors and the main unit $160? Yeah..... no. Not for me. No thanks. I'd get a real hygrometer at that price point.
    And... uh... you still can't clibrate them, it appears. :-(

In other news, I'm having a little issue with keeping the rh in my cooler level. The bottom of the wineador averages between 62-63% and the top stays between 64-65%. When the fan kicks on, both drop by 2-3%. Is there anything I can do to keep it in balance, or is this just the way it is?

ZS Reserve Officer

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    In other news, I'm having a little issue with keeping the rh in my cooler level. The bottom of the wineador averages between 62-63% and the top stays between 64-65%. When the fan kicks on, both drop by 2-3%. Is there anything I can do to keep it in balance, or is this just the way it is?
    I have Heartfelt beads in the bottom of mine in a tray, and I have two 8oz bags of HCM Cigar beads in my drawers. It tends to keep the whole thing level while the cooler is on. 65% through and through (remote hygrometer is on the bottom and I have a calibrated hygroset in the top for testing)

Right now I have 1 lb. HF beads on the bottom, 1/2 lb. in a media bag up top, and 4 2oz. Tubes in each drawer. The 1/2 lb. on top is dry to deal with the extra humidity that rises. Should I wet all of the beads? Or is there something else I may be doing wrong? I doubt a 2% swing is going to hurt anything, but if there's a way to keep it all in balance I'd like to know.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast