Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

This is a discussion on Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside... within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I'm sure those of you who use HF beads have also found that little crumbs fall out of the tube ...

  
  1. #1

    Full grown Puffer Fish PlatinumRespect's Avatar


     

    Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    I'm sure those of you who use HF beads have also found that little crumbs fall out of the tube and make a mess of your humidor. So I'm thinking about pouring the beads from the tube into a pantyhose, tying it off, and putting it back in the tube. This way the crumbs won't fall through.

    Has anyone done this? I have yet to use any pantyhose/bead combo so if someone could recommend a brand to use (if that even matters) and perhaps a color of the PH that I could easily recognize the color change when the beads need to be recharged.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    I don't use the tubes, but I have put HF beads in pantyhose and stuck that in a humidifier I had ripped the floral foam out of. I used "sheer", but I believe you could use most colors, as they are all pretty transparent when you stretch them out.
    As for brand, whatever tickles your fancy I'd assume. My lady had an extra pair lying around so I wasn't picky.

    Additionally: I take it you just poured DW on your beads? Or dunked them to add the DW? From what I've read, spraying was recommended for beads in containers, and I use the little dropper tool to add DW slowly to the beads - it will help keep them from fracturing, turning into crumbs, and making a mess in the humidor.
    Last edited by SeanTheEvans; 02-25-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    I <3 Cigars

  3. #3

    Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    That's quite interesting. I have to keep that in mind, if I ever buy beads.

  4. #4

    THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    If your worried about crumbs use Boveda's IMHO!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix



  5. #5

    Alpha Puffer Fish Laynard's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    Just be sure to ask your lady before you go cutting the foot off of one of hers. Unless you and your cigars like sleeping on the couch.
    To smoke is human; to smoke cigars, divine.

  6. #6

    Full grown Puffer Fish PlatinumRespect's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
    I don't use the tubes, but I have put HF beads in pantyhose and stuck that in a humidifier I had ripped the floral foam out of. I used "sheer", but I believe you could use most colors, as they are all pretty transparent when you stretch them out.
    As for brand, whatever tickles your fancy I'd assume. My lady had an extra pair lying around so I wasn't picky.

    Additionally: I take it you just poured DW on your beads? Or dunked them to add the DW? From what I've read, spraying was recommended for beads in containers, and I use the little dropper tool to add DW slowly to the beads - it will help keep them from fracturing, turning into crumbs, and making a mess in the humidor.
    I use a spray bottle - maybe I'm spraying too fast. And I prefer the tube because the beads are right up against my sticks - so I like having something between them to prohibit mold growth.

  7. #7

    Obsessive Puffer rtrimbath's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    I was just complaining about the crumbs to someone today. That's a pretty good idea. I had been wondering whether those crumbs or having cigars in contact with the tubes or mesh bags at all is a bad idea. Anyone know?

  8. #8

    ZS Reserve Officer


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    I was just complaining about the crumbs to someone today. That's a pretty good idea. I had been wondering whether those crumbs or having cigars in contact with the tubes or mesh bags at all is a bad idea. Anyone know?
    As long as they're in cello, no problem. Bare cigars, on the other hand, no bueno.

  9. #9

    Full grown Puffer Fish PlatinumRespect's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimbath View Post
    I was just complaining about the crumbs to someone today. That's a pretty good idea. I had been wondering whether those crumbs or having cigars in contact with the tubes or mesh bags at all is a bad idea. Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by elricfate View Post
    As long as they're in cello, no problem. Bare cigars, on the other hand, no bueno.
    I'm a celo-on guy, and I still make sure I let my tubes sit for a good 5mins on a towel/paper towel after they're sprayed with DW. And before they go back on top of my sticks, I'm sure to wipe the tubes down so no droplets are sitting on the sticks.

  10. #10

    ZS Reserve Officer


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    He's talking about bead crumbs though, not water droplets.

  11. #11

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    This it what I did. 4 oz. in each toe. One up top one in the bottom. To recharge I take a measuring spoon and "pinch it in" to soak up into the beads. If the water is pored on it will bead up and roll off. I recharge once every week and a half or so (Treasure Dome 300ct.).


    If your lucky you could get a sexy woman to walk around in them a day or two before you put beads in. Might give your sticks same extra yang & twang.

  12. #12

    Young Puffer Fish Charger Fan's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    Panty hose work great. I placed them in small dish in the coolidor. Only problem was as single guy it was kinda embarrasing buying them.

  13. #13

    Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar


     

    Re: Heartfelt Tube w/ Pantyhose Wrapped Beads Inside...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Floyd Fan View Post
    Panty hose work great. I placed them in small dish in the coolidor. Only problem was as single guy it was kinda embarrasing buying them.
    I've been keeping my cigars in the exact same setup for several years. I've noticed that mine are so old the panty hose are starting to break down a bit and seem to be a little brittle. About to replace them as soon as the wife can go out and get me some.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •