Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Wineador out of the blue.

This is a discussion on Wineador out of the blue. within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; You can fit more if you went with drawers. That's what I did. http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...dor-build.html...

  
  1. #16

    Puffer Fish with some spikes


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    You can fit more if you went with drawers. That's what I did.

    Whynter 28 wineador build

  2. #17

    Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace McCool View Post
    Sure. They aren't very hard to make. I elected to use only glue, so there was a lot of clamping involved but once you make one complete drawer and ensure it fits, then the other 4 are a breeze. Depending on what you can find locally for wood, you will need a planer/jointer, and then a table saw (preferred) or circular saw. I made a sold bottom on the drawers and then cut out slots for air flow with a jigsaw. I didn't do the false bottom like Forrest does, as while it looks better it's my opinion that it may restrict the humidity movement and air flow. There is about an inch between the glass door and the front of the drawers so a nice place for air to rise. The false bottom might just work to trap air in the bottom.

    The kitty litter keeps the humidity rock solid in the lows 60's, and higher if I spray some water on it. It's amazing really, I filled up the pan which fills the entire bottom, so maybe 3-4 lbs of it and it has held at 63% ever since.

    Attachment 84130Attachment 84127Attachment 84128Attachment 84129
    Any idea how many sticks that holds? I'm debating between an 18 or a 24/28 bottle myself at the moment, and yours looks like it could fit quite a bit for being a smaller size. Very nice, btw!
    I <3 Cigars

  3. #18

    Young Puffer Fish CanAsianPiper's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace McCool View Post
    Sure. They aren't very hard to make. I elected to use only glue, so there was a lot of clamping involved but once you make one complete drawer and ensure it fits, then the other 4 are a breeze. Depending on what you can find locally for wood, you will need a planer/jointer, and then a table saw (preferred) or circular saw. I made a sold bottom on the drawers and then cut out slots for air flow with a jigsaw. I didn't do the false bottom like Forrest does, as while it looks better it's my opinion that it may restrict the humidity movement and air flow. There is about an inch between the glass door and the front of the drawers so a nice place for air to rise. The false bottom might just work to trap air in the bottom.

    The kitty litter keeps the humidity rock solid in the lows 60's, and higher if I spray some water on it. It's amazing really, I filled up the pan which fills the entire bottom, so maybe 3-4 lbs of it and it has held at 63% ever since.

    Attachment 84130Attachment 84127Attachment 84128Attachment 84129
    Awesome!! That looks great! Maybe I'll attempt to make some myself too! Just have to source the wood.

  4. #19

    Young Puffer Fish CanAsianPiper's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace McCool View Post
    Well take a look at the first pic in my post, and if that's something you have the skill to make, then no. It's hard to say - building drawers like that will be easy for some and hard for others depending on your experience with woodworking. Since you are asking, I would assume you have little woodworking experience so I would say it will be challenging.


    And to OP, was your HD Canada discount on these just employee discount or is there some sale or coupon code you can hook a fellow brother up with.
    It was the last one, and was sitting there for awhile. Usually stuff that doesn't sell too fast gets marked down, then if it still doesn't sell, will mark down more. I happened to be lucky and snatched it up! Try looking for the "special buy" stuff that's slow moving. Then ask an employee if it's floor model or last one, floor models get discounted as well.

  5. #20

    Sarasota, Fl


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace McCool View Post
    Well take a look at the first pic in my post, and if that's something you have the skill to make, then no. It's hard to say - building drawers like that will be easy for some and hard for others depending on your experience with woodworking. Since you are asking, I would assume you have little woodworking experience so I would say it will be challenging.


    And to OP, was your HD Canada discount on these just employee discount or is there some sale or coupon code you can hook a fellow brother up with.
    That doesn't seem like it will be beyond my skill level, and definitely does't look beyond my fathers. I asked because I just recently found out about them, and did't know the conversion process! thanks for the reply

  6. #21

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    $20! That's outrageous!! At that price you can't loose.

  7. #22

    Fire... walk with me. Tgs679's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Wow what a steal. How could you not pull the trigger on that. Enjoy the project.

  8. #23

    Young Puffer Fish CanAsianPiper's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    update. Got some trays, and installed some LED lights. The lights do get warm, which surprises me, didn't think they'd get so warm.


  9. #24

    Full grown Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanAsianPiper View Post
    update. Got some trays, and installed some LED lights. The lights do get warm, which surprises me, didn't think they'd get so warm.

    would it be possible to get some measurements on those trays and some info on where you picked them up at? looking to get these for a friend's wineador he picked up.

  10. #25

    Maturing Puffer Fish rhounsell's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    A great looking final result, enjoy!

  11. #26

    Young Puffer Fish CanAsianPiper's Avatar


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by teckneekz View Post
    would it be possible to get some measurements on those trays and some info on where you picked them up at? looking to get these for a friend's wineador he picked up.
    thats the top ones, I wish they were deeper and taller, but they do the job.
    Spanish Cedar Tray

  12. #27

    Puffer Fish with some spikes


     

    Re: Wineador out of the blue.

    If you can find the right size spanish cedar it would be well worth it to make them. I tried that but only found one place locally that had spanish cedar but It was way to thick and would have been a huge waste of money to have them take it down to the right thickness. So I had to go to wineadors.com not that I was worried about quality or anything just didn't want to wait so long. But he told me they were shipping out last Friday so hopefully I will have them any day . If they come this week It was a 7 week wait. Good luck with yours and I'm sure you won't regret it they are awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •