Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nice mail haul today with pics

This is a discussion on Nice mail haul today with pics within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; This Xikar does not have a reset on though, i read the description again and it says it never needs ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Nice mail haul today with pics

This Xikar does not have a reset on though, i read the description again and it says it never needs to be done. Unless i am missing something,

Maturing Puffer Fish

I can't find my instructions maybe its on their website or someone else can chime in.

I remember the round one was spot on but the larger rectangle one was off some and when I pushed the button/buttons it went to 75%. Also I used the Xicar calibration kit heavy ziplock and 75% pack. I think they recommended something more like 36 hrs and in a stable temperature.

Full grown Puffer Fish Ricardo-'s Avatar

That's a nice humidor. I bought it when I needed more space. Now it's my mid-size humi. Got the foot locker (They say 500 cigars) and that's getting full already.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo- View Post
    That's a nice humidor. I bought it when I needed more space. Now it's my mid-size humi. Got the foot locker (They say 500 cigars) and that's getting full already.
    I may go that route if I need more room.

Sticks are going in…..

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by maddevildog View Post
    Sticks are going inů..
    You are keeping infused with non infused??? Why would you do that?

Nice haul!

There isn't a stick in there I would turn down. Kind of funny too, I have both of those hygrometers as well. The little plastic one on the right has always been reliable. The metal one on the left, once I popped the back off and tacked the face to the frame so it would not travel no more problems.
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

I would think about bagging those infused sticks if you are going to keep them in there. I had some serious problems with flavors blending into some expensive sticks and ruining them... Well ruined is harsh... It just made me have a few kuba kuba flavored Ezra Zion's, Flor de las antillas and Ashton's. I would bag them at least or look into a small tupperdor for the infused sticks. IMHO

Young Fish

Looks like the same humidor as the Landmark from CheapHumidors. I was thinking about upgrading to that -- how are you liking it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by AuTechCoM View Post
    I would think about bagging those infused sticks if you are going to keep them in there. I had some serious problems with flavors blending into some expensive sticks and ruining them... Well ruined is harsh... It just made me have a few kuba kuba flavored Ezra Zion's, Flor de las antillas and Ashton's. I would bag them at least or look into a small tupperdor for the infused sticks. IMHO
    Like a zip lock bag or something? Would they keep in a closed bag?

Quote Originally Posted by maddevildog View Post
    Like a zip lock bag or something? Would they keep in a closed bag?
    Yeah use a ziplock bag for the infused. I sealed mine as I was instructed by the owner of my local lounge. but then I went to CBID and got a little 20ct desktop for $7 just for the few infused sticks that I like to keep on hand for anyone who wants to try a cigar. You could also just make a Tupperdor for about the same price and get more storage.

So i took the advice of some of you and put the infused sticks in a zip lock baggie. On another note the Cigar Oasis is holding perfectly at 70%, i had it set a little higher at 72% but backed it down to 70%. I am loving the new box and CO Excel unit. Ciagrfest will be here soon…..

@maddevildog Nice setup man. Ive been eying the updated Cigar Oasis humidifiers, very mixed reviews on the old models, could you let us know how its been going after a month of use or so?

Would really appreciate it.

-Tyler

Very Nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast