Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Filling space in a Humidor with empty boxes instead of cigars?

This is a discussion on Filling space in a Humidor with empty boxes instead of cigars? within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Can you use empty cigar boxes to fill up space in larger humidors that you don't have enough cigars for ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Filling space in a Humidor with empty boxes instead of cigars?

Can you use empty cigar boxes to fill up space in larger humidors that you don't have enough cigars for it yet?

Re: Filling space in a Humidor with empty boxes instead of cigars?

The wood would help regulate rH. How much space are we talking? What size is your humi and how many sticks do you have?
    To smoke is human; to smoke cigars, divine.

it says 300, and I have about 50 sticks now. The box is still seasoning as it is only 3 days old, I have a cigar oasis excel on there now reading 70% and my Xikar digital was reading 65% on the lid tonight. I moved the Xikar to the bottom of the box to see if it and the CO get the same RH as each other. I am going to Cigarfest in May and that will get the ball rolling on filling it more.

Young Puffer Fish hunter19delta's Avatar

Adding the boxes is a fine idea. As Layne said, the boxes will help to regulate the RH. Have fun at Cigarfest and get enough sticks to fill that humidor up.

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

Put sealed Tupperware inside to kill off dead space
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

Pipe'in Aint Easy

If you have the boxes and the space, I don't see why not.

Same reason I put boxes in my coolidor. Great RH buffer.

Problem with boxes is that you will have to humidify the air inside theses boxes.. While with Tupperware you will not. Thus making your humidify device work less.

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    Problem with boxes is that you will have to humidify the air inside theses boxes.. While with Tupperware you will not. Thus making your humidify device work less.
    Anything you have to do to the tupperware to avoid a plastic or smell or is that something you don't have to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by maddevildog View Post
    Anything you have to do to the tupperware to avoid a plastic or smell or is that something you don't have to worry about?
    Usually the outside won't cause smell problems, unless it's just a really cheap brand/plastic..I've worked in retail around some that you'd never be able to get the smell off of. Most sold at any walmart, ect should be fine..if new the inside will have a smell. I'd clean the whole thing nicely a time or two with soap and water, and let it air dry each time..should get the smell off the inside and the outside and cause no problems.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I actually have 4 sampler boxes in my humidor to help regulate humidity but I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to take them out to make room. It will be interesting to see if humidity changes much.

Quote Originally Posted by maddevildog View Post
    Shouldn't be. But if your that conserned just store the tupperware wrapped in newspaper for a few days to remove any smell. Then throw the paper away an put the tupperware inside your humidor.

Puffer Fish with some spikes kcviper's Avatar

This is a good idea. I will be seasoning a DM humi very soon and will put several cigar boxes to fill the void once seasoned and until I can fill it with more cigars!