Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

somewhat new guy looking for a new humidor

This is a discussion on somewhat new guy looking for a new humidor within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Boomer44 ok thanks. is it worth getting somethinf name brand or is anything on cigars international or ...

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Re: somewhat new guy looking for a new humidor

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer44 View Post
    ok thanks. is it worth getting somethinf name brand or is anything on cigars international or a website like that ok... and id like something with a glass top so i can look in and not open it lol.
    It really depends on how much you want to spend. Making a tupperdor or coolidor is cheapest, but not so glorious as far eye appeal (to some).
    Waxing Moon humidors are more expensive than your typical wooden box. The quality also shows that, and they hold humidity like champs.
    You can go through a trusted vendor, like cheaphumidors.com,who provide excellent service at excellent prices
    Or you can try your luck on cBid and pick something up there.

I spent a $130 on my 100ct humi and picked up the 125ct for $35 on cbid. The 100ct holds RH noticeably better, and has a much more SC wood, and is much more intricate and (to me) appealing aesthetic. It's about the choices you would like to make for your collection or stash. Almost any humidor can be fixed up to work via numerous methods described in glorious detail in threads throughout this forum, but that's a hassle to some, and a fun challenge to another.

Just make sure that whatever route you choose, you choose informed, so little or lot, your cash is well-spent, and your cigars well-stored.
    I <3 Cigars

ok i ordered one off cheap humidors. i cant post a link yet. but its the the 120ct thats black with small rectangle glass on lid with two small square glass on the front.

Sarasota, Fl

There is a user hear cheaphumidors that is really good. I have heard she does a really good job setting you up!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

ok thanks. is it worth getting somethinf name brand or is anything on cigars international or a website like that ok... and id like something with a glass top so i can look in and not open it lol.
    I'd stay away from glass top humidors unless you know how to properly seal it. Glass top humidors are more of a headache than it's worth if you ask me. I'd go with the humidor that Brandon pointed out. It's a very good humidor. I have one. It's actually my first "serious" humidor. But now I have 2 other humidor not including the wineador (4 humidors including the wineador). In hindsight, I think I should have built the wineador first. Nice project if you have the time and $$.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

ok i ordered one off cheap humidors. i cant post a link yet. but its the the 120ct thats black with small rectangle glass on lid with two small square glass on the front.
    The SAN SOUCI ? Cheap Humidors The San Souci Display Cigar Humidor ... it says its a 100 ct which of course will hold less.

If you are set on getting a glass top humidor, maybe you should have gone with the CHANCELLOR Cheap Humidors Chancellor 300 Count Glass Top Cigar Humidor ... for a few $ more I think it's worth it since its bigger and you'll have room in the future should you acquire more sticks.

sorry i ordered it off thompson its the venetian black 125 count humidor... and its already ordered lol i need to get some bees wax to seal it? also i have been using boveda packs. what should i use

sorry i ordered it off thompson its the venetian black 125 count humidor... and its already ordered lol i need to get some bees wax to seal it? also i have been using boveda packs. what should i use
    You should season it and see what the seal is like at that point. Or test before seasoning and see if it's awful or not.
    You can continue with Boveda and just up the # of packets to what's appropriate, or you can go with HF beads, HCM beads, KL, or blind faith to keep your cigars at the right RH. Only one of those is pretty much not going to work unless you're eXtremely lucky. The rest are a matter of preference.

Just follow HnT's Seasoning guide and you shall be fine...
    I <3 Cigars

which rh should i go with on the hf beads.... and small or medium rectangle?

Puffer Fish with some spikes Rook83's Avatar

RH is personal preference...a lot of people, including myself, stick with 65%...but you'll hear some that like 70, and some that like 60...it just depends...you can play with those different RHs after a while and see what you really like. I hear for aging cigars, 63-65 is best...there's a calculator on the heartfelt website which will tell you the amount of beads you need once you input the dimensions of the humidor...whatever that number is, get more...double if you can...
    Keep on puffin' in the real world!

TJB

hey everybody, somewhat new to all this i have a 50count that is full was looking to upgrade. maybe 125 or 150. i want it to be right this time. i was told to season the one i have now with a sponge and since then i found that to be wrong. so need some schooling so i go into this new one right. i use 3 boveda 72 packs in what i have now by the way. thanks for all your help.
    If I were you since you already use boveda packs I would go Savoy. If I wanted a humidor again thats what I would do the new savoy's are awesome and get the highest reviews for the buck. A few really respected people here recommend them over all the china made humidors.
    "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." George Burns

Take Rook83's advice for how much HF beads to get, but buy them bulk and find/make your own containers. It's way cheaper and I'm not particularly fond of their containers to begin with.

Like he said too, which RH is your choice. I went 65% because it's the middle and my environment is usually neither super-dry nor swampy wet.
    I <3 Cigars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2