Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

THANKS GUYS... This NEWB has NOTHING !!

This is a discussion on THANKS GUYS... This NEWB has NOTHING !! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Thanks to all of you.... I have no humidor, R/H, wet, or dry cigars, no hygrometer, lighter, cigar cutter, cigar ...

Newbie in the ocean

THANKS GUYS... This NEWB has NOTHING !!

Thanks to all of you.... I have no humidor, R/H, wet, or dry cigars, no hygrometer, lighter, cigar cutter, cigar burn, ashtray, cigar traveling... ISSUES WHAT SO EVER !!!
    Reason being that before I purchase my 100 count 5 Vegas Humi w/30 free cigars..... I spent about 2 weeks of researching this web site forum from A to Z about everything I wanted to know concerning this cigar smoking vice of mine, that my wife has no problems with. ( She even likes a few puffs now and then !! )
    My Humi is perfectly seasoned at my perfect R/H of between 63-66 % and holding. HCM beads added.
    My cigars all smoke wonderfuly with no burn issues.
    Hygrometer was correctly clalibrated with no issues, digital and analog that does work !
    Got a nice butain lighter and several different cigar cutters.

My only issue is that I wish my new cigars could be shipped even faster !!

So to all you Newbs out there... use the SEARCH function, do your research, take your time deciding on what you want out of cigars, and type of storage. Research and learn/understand what R/H is and it's effects in open and closed environments. And most of all..... have PATIENCE with yourself and equipment.
    Everything you need to know IS here in this forum.

And to all of you others that have contributed to this site with your knowledge, experience, tips, tricks of the trade.... I THANK YOU ALL, for making this new hobby of mine an enjoyable and trouble free experience.

This is without question the best cigar forum going !! Thanks again all,

Darrell.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: THANKS GUYS... This NEWB has NOTHING !!

congrats. and yes I agree that the search function indeed is a wonderful tool if used properly. enjoy!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Lots of good info on here. With the huge selection of stuff on the market it really helps narrow down choices and avoid mistakes.

Aw, You just made me ink defetis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DWStogie View Post
    Thanks to all of you.... I have no humidor, R/H, wet, or dry cigars, no hygrometer, lighter, cigar cutter, cigar burn, ashtray, cigar traveling... ISSUES WHAT SO EVER !!!
    Reason being that before I purchase my 100 count 5 Vegas Humi w/30 free cigars..... I spent about 2 weeks of researching this web site forum from A to Z about everything I wanted to know concerning this cigar smoking vice of mine, that my wife has no problems with. ( She even likes a few puffs now and then !! )
    My Humi is perfectly seasoned at my perfect R/H of between 63-66 % and holding. HCM beads added.
    Hygrometer was correctly clalibrated with no issues, digital and analog that does work !

So to all you Newbs out there... use the SEARCH function, do your research, take your time deciding on what you want out of cigars, and type of storage. Research and learn/understand what R/H is and it's effects in open and closed environments. And most of all..... have PATIENCE with yourself and equipment.

And to all of you others that have contributed to this site with your knowledge, experience, tips, tricks of the trade.... I THANK YOU ALL, for making this new hobby of mine an enjoyable and trouble free experience.

Darrell.
    Thanks for using the search function. Too many people post a million posts without knowing what their talking about when reading here can make you can expert. Smoke on my friend

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by defetis View Post
    Thanks for using the search function. Too many people post a million posts without knowing what their talking about when reading here can make you can expert. Smoke on my friend
    Somehow I knew you'd appreciate that part

Welcome! It's a wonderful group of peoples here and if you do have any questions, it's great to know that there's plenty of helpful Brothers & Sisters out there with so much knowledge and experience. The ocean is vast my friend. Just try not to fall off the deep end... if you know what I mean
    I <3 Cigars

Puffer Fish with some spikes rjwillow's Avatar

+1,000,000,000 on that!!! I was on here for well over a year before signing up. It's also like you don't have to use the forum search... google anything cigar related and you will be directed here. for good reason, I might add...
    The folks here are patient and welcoming to noobs even if the topic is old.
    I've got a 5 vegas humi on the way as well. But this will be my 5th humi to go into service. All of the others are running well thanks to info I got (mostly) here...
    Have fun
    rich

Congratulations Darrell

I'm thrilled to hear how smoothly things have gone for you!
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I agree with the OP 110% ! Lots of very useful on here from all the experienced B(S)OTL on this forum. I also thanked them when I was finished building my wineador. I couldn't have done it without them!

Maturing Puffer Fish

The only questionable thing is the 5 vegas humi with the 30 5 vegas sticks!

No longer a community member.

And most of all..... have PATIENCE with yourself and equipment.
    Preach, brother! This is NOT a hobby for those who require immediate gratification. From taking the time to properly season a humi, to building up a base supply that can sit beyond their "sick" periods, you have to see the bigger picture in order to really enjoy what cigars have to offer. However...once you become established with you systems and a base inventory, it's a wonderful ride!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Rook83's Avatar

Darrell.
    Awesome post! I feel the same way...although, now that everything is stone cold stable...I kind of feel bored that I'm not fighting to keep the RH exactly where I want it...I had fun messing with my humidor, even when I was frustrated...I check it every morning and its super stable...so I have nothing to do but smoke...I kind of had fun experimenting...oh well!
    Keep on puffin' in the real world!

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rook83 View Post
    Awesome post! I feel the same way...although, now that everything is stone cold stable...I kind of feel bored that I'm not fighting to keep the RH exactly where I want it...I had fun messing with my humidor, even when I was frustrated...I check it every morning and its super stable...so I have nothing to do but smoke...I kind of had fun experimenting...oh well!
    Now you can exhaust yourself trying to come up with the most perfect method of tracking your inventory, creating a rating system to judge what you've had/what you want to try, and developing your palate!
    I <3 Cigars

Puffer Fish with some spikes Rook83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
    Now you can exhaust yourself trying to come up with the most perfect method of tracking your inventory, creating a rating system to judge what you've had/what you want to try, and developing your palate!
    Holy crap! That's a great idea! I have my set up pretty well organized, but the rating system is something I never thought about! Alright, now I've got something to obsess over hahaha
    Keep on puffin' in the real world!

Awesome man, glad youre set up!

+1 on the search function.

Newbie in the ocean

The 5 Vegas Humi has been on point from the first seasonong...... No issues with it at all. Plus looks good in the Den.
    I have enough different sticks to fill it about 2/3rds of the way. I smoke about 2 or 3 a week... weather and mood permitting. I consider this my ( ME Time ). So I want to enjoy my cigar at my liesure without interruption...... This is when life is really good and considered a treat for me. Thank you all for your replies and inspiration, plus all the help you have given me. It's been quite the adventure and i'm just starting !!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast