Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tupperdor question

This is a discussion on Tupperdor question within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I built a tupperdor about two months ago and am at the point where the humidity has stabilized at 68%. ...

Maturing Puffer Fish crash-wizard's Avatar

Tupperdor question

I built a tupperdor about two months ago and am at the point where the humidity has stabilized at 68%. Other than opening it to remove a cigar to smoke or to restock it, is there any reason that I would need to recirculate fresh air into the tupperdor?
    A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

No longer a community member.

Re: Tupperdor question

no. If you're using Bovedas then I would say you can leave it alone for 3 months at a time without checking the packs.

I only open mine once every couple weeks to restock my small decktop humi

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Notta. Store Em, Smoke Em, Love Em.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Nah u should be fine. Just make sure your hygro is calibrated and You should be fine.

Full grown Puffer Fish 455 Punch's Avatar

I have an observation by personal experience this month that is relevant to this thread-
    I have an airtight glass jar (rubber seal/gasket) that I use for about 15 "pretty" sticks to display. It's humidified with a Boveda and monitored 24/7 with an Accurite. I essentially never open it except to grab a rare stick. 2 weeks ago I smelled ammonia in the jar when opened it. I ended up narrowing down the culprit to 2 sticks, one that was worse than the other. If I had a leaky humidor or one with porous wood, I am thinking I might not have smelled ammonia because it would have dissipated and not built up. My caution is to monitor odors once in a while to make sure one stick does not affect all the others and just let an air exchange occur. Instead of the saying "take time in life to stop and smell the flowers", "take time in life to stop and smell your cigars" and you'll be fine.
    Life's too short to smoke bad cigars.