Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

heartfelt question

This is a discussion on heartfelt question within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I have the small tube of 60% beads in my small humi that I will use for smoke prep. Yesterday ...

Young Puffer Fish

heartfelt question

I have the small tube of 60% beads in my small humi that I will use for smoke prep.

Yesterday the empty(except hygroset) humi was at 48%. I made the beads ready with DW and placed the tube in the humi. Today , roughly 24 hours later, it is at 65%. Ambient is 45%.

Am I doing something wrong?

No longer a community member.

Re: heartfelt question

Is the hygrometer calibrated properly?

Did you wet the beads according to the instructions?

Young Puffer Fish

How did you apply the DW? With the tubes, you should spray one side of the tube 3 or 4 times. Wait a few minutes and wipe dry with a paper towel. You should see some whit beads in the tube---if the are all clear you wet it too much. If you dunked it in water, it was too wet for sure.

Young Puffer Fish

There is about 20% white.

No longer a community member.

Half wet half dry. Sounds like u wet to much.

Don't sweat it.

Young Puffer Fish

Ok. Thanks. I'll work on it

Young Puffer Fish

Also, be patient. You don't say if the box was already seasoned (I'm guessing it wasn't since the starting RH was 48%), but it will take some time for everything to fall into balance. In reality depending on how long you're planning on storing them before smoking, humidity may not even be an issue. If they are only going to sit for a day or two (or even a couple more), I wouldn't even worry about it.