Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wineador.com

This is a discussion on Wineador.com within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Just an update. I have drawers destined for shipment about 3/20/14. I emailed Forrest 3 days ago with a question ...

TJB

Re: Wineador.com

Just an update. I have drawers destined for shipment about 3/20/14. I emailed Forrest 3 days ago with a question and he just got back to me last night. I can verify he does respond to emails. I don't know why he isn't responding to the OP and the other gentleman here.
    "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." George Burns

Young Puffer Fish CanAsianPiper's Avatar

We exchanged a few emails yeaterday, but haven't heard since. I have him my measurements, and that was it. I'll give it another few days.

Young Fish

It's over now. I filed a dispute with ****** on the 7th and was refunded in less than 2 hours. It's funny how you get an immediate response when you mess with their money. That kind of response from the beginning would have saved the sale.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I emailed him again and finally got an email back saying they will ship Friday!! So stoked to get these in my wineador. Hate having it all unorganized. Wish I would have got an email sooner but at least I got one. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon !

That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by W8 a minute View Post
    It's over now. I filed a dispute with ****** on the 7th and was refunded in less than 2 hours. It's funny how you get an immediate response when you mess with their money. That kind of response from the beginning would have saved the sale.
    I emailed Forrest last night for a status update and he replied this morning. He said he is finishing them this week, apologized for the wait & thanked me for my patience.

Filing a dispute seems a little harsh to me, especially considering everyone else has been waiting patiently for much longer than you have. If you wanted your order in 3-4 weeks then you should have paid the extra $$$ for RUSH

Young Fish

Or...and just hear me out...he could have replied to me a week ago when I messaged him. I dunno. But he refunded me within 2 hours when p-a-y-p-a-l contacted him. I guess I didn't rate very high in importance compared to p-a-y-p-a-l. Maybe I'm just asking too much when I ordered a product advertised on his website AND amazondotcom and expect at the minimum some sort of contact from the seller in less than 30+ days. Maybe a tracking number? Maybe just a hey I'm really swamped and just wanted you to know sorta thing. Call me crazy...

Or...and just hear me out...he could have replied to me a week ago when I messaged him. I dunno. But he refunded me within 2 hours when p-a-y-p-a-l contacted him. I guess I didn't rate very high in importance compared to p-a-y-p-a-l. Maybe I'm just asking too much when I ordered a product advertised on his website AND amazondotcom and expect at the minimum some sort of contact from the seller in less than 30+ days. Maybe a tracking number? Maybe just a hey I'm really swamped and just wanted you to know sorta thing. Call me crazy...
    I agree.

Not responding to customers and not giving them a status on their order is a sure way to lose business quickly.

Same topic and frustrations on a number of boards. The guy is highly respected in the cigar community and has ardent supporters and few detractors. And to my knowledge has always been stand-up when it comes to making sure customers with finished product in-hand are satisfied with their purchase. Communication with customers during the production process appears to be his weak suit. Putting out a quality product takes time especially when you are dealing with custom work, and some people have patience and some don't. I personally fall into the don't have any patience category so while he may do good work I won't elevate my blood pressure over an order for a set of drawers.

That belongs in a museum! ProjectSunfire's Avatar

Legitimate reasons. He definitely does not excel at immediate replies to emails. I had to email him twice just to get a confirmation that he received my order and money. But as far as I know this is not his full-time job so I can understand him not getting right back to every single email.

I did a lot of research on him and his quality of work as well as feedback on here and other forums before I placed my order. I am not one to send several hundred dollars to a random dude on the net without some piece of mind. And I knew that I was facing a 6-8 week wait. So I guess I have had some patience because I already knew what I was getting into before I ordered.

How many times did you try to contact him in those 30 days?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2