Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Humidification question

This is a discussion on Humidification question within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Hello everybody! In my humidor I have one acrylic polymer humidifier and it keep humidity around 70-75%. Do you thing ...

Humidification question

Hello everybody!
    In my humidor I have one acrylic polymer humidifier and it keep humidity around 70-75%. Do you thing that a use of crystal humidifier jar is necessary? My local store provides only Xikar crystals so is the only option that I can use..

Re: Humidification question

I use the Xikar gel in my 120ct and it is rock solid I love it. I use a 250 bar in the lid and a small jar below the tray. However I do keep a close eye on it for mold. I only use PG solution in it but after @huskers showed me what can happen I make sure to watch out for mold. The crystals also keep your RH closer to 65% - 70%. I just can't afford beads yet.
    Last edited by AuTechCoM; 03-09-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sag997 View Post
    Hello everybody!
    In my humidor I have one acrylic polymer humidifier and it keep humidity around 70-75%. Do you thing that a use of crystal humidifier jar is necessary? My local store provides only Xikar crystals so is the only option that I can use..
    I'd suggest you drop that humidity. An RH over 72% is just asking for mold and beetles. I can also imagine burn issues and bad taste being/becoming an issue... but if it works for you, that's all well-enough. Just hard to think it would. A lot of media is available online. I believe HF beads (what I use) are online-only, and you can most certainly order Boveda online from most of the numerous sites available, although I'm not sure about Int'l shipping.
    I <3 Cigars

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I switched to a Cigar Oasis Excel and things have been nice. I like it and would recommend to anyone.

Removed per request

I took a 'credo' humidifier and tore out the floral foam. I put a tablespoon of polymer crystal into the empty humidifier and then poured in 50/50 solution made of propylene glycol and distilled water. My hygrometer is holding a solid 68%!!! What do you guys think og that?