Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Toy!

This is a discussion on New Toy! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Have one myself. Love it!!...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: New Toy!

Have one myself. Love it!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Nice brother! Enjoy...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Newbie in the ocean

i'm really happy for you my friend that you enjoy your newest one, it feel different than before i think!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JustTroItIn's Avatar

Just wanted to update this thread. I have not forgotten to follow up but this bad boy is THIRSTY and still seasoning. The promised pictures of her when she is finally filled are still coming.

Puffer Fish with some spikes SOHResident's Avatar

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on my first actual humidor very soon. I am debating between a few different models. This one and a couple of savoy's. Hearing she is thirsty is encouraging to me. Tells me she will do a good job in helping regulate the humidity. My big fear on some of the more "economical" options is that they will not be economical but simply cheap. I would appreciate an update on how she holds her humidity once you have her up and running. - Thanks for helping a newbie out!!

So far I am optimistic. I'm following the slow and steady route. I initially wiped it and the trays down with a barely moist sponge just to get any residual saw dust and what not out. I saturated two sponges with distilled water, each on a saucer, and placed one in the bottom and one on a top tray. After a week of this the RH was close to 80 so I threw a couple of Bovedas in and left it for a few days. Just this morning I put the sponges back in as I think she may need a bit more. There really is a fair amount of wood in this box.

Puffer Fish with some spikes kcviper's Avatar

Very nice humi. I am currently seasoning a Daniel Marshall 20th anniversary treasure chest.

As promised. Here is what I started with. Everything but the smokes in the acrylic jar will be moved to the new humi. The acrylic is for infused.

Not as impressive as most accumulations I have seen here, but it makes me happy.

In their new home.

Quote Originally Posted by JustTroItIn View Post
    .....Not as impressive as most accumulations I have seen here, but it makes me happy.....
    If it makes you happy it IS impressive!! They look pretty damn sharp in their new home. Congrats on the new humidor!!
    CALLING ALL NOOBS - follow this link NOOB PIF to have some fun, meet some other new BOTL and gain some trader experience.

Full grown Puffer Fish 455 Punch's Avatar

A happy ending to a cool thread. Congrats, looks great!
    Life's too short to smoke bad cigars.

Up in Smoke!

Look at all that beuitiful cedar!

Whiskey and Sticks Luke.Sodergren's Avatar

Awesome! New humidors are always the best. Make sure you fill that bad boy up...

I finally got my Treasure Dome ordered. It seems to come up each week on the devil site and I have been bidding $86 on it each time it comes up for the last 3 to 4 months. I was happy to find when I got back from a fishing trip that my bid was finally enough. Thanks again for posting this thread and all the pics. It really helped me decide this was the one I wanted.
    CALLING ALL NOOBS - follow this link NOOB PIF to have some fun, meet some other new BOTL and gain some trader experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2