Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Help finding a lighter

This is a discussion on Help finding a lighter within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I tried searching but maybe I'm bad at searching for stuff....I'm looking for a soft flame/torch combo butane lighter. I ...

Young Fish

Help finding a lighter

I tried searching but maybe I'm bad at searching for stuff....I'm looking for a soft flame/torch combo butane lighter. I want one lighter but with a dual feature. Sometimes I like a soft flame sometimes I like a torch and I only want a single lighter. I tried searching but came across none. Anyone have any suggestions?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish anthony d's Avatar

Re: Help finding a lighter

I haven't seen one...
    Hmm...

Young Puffer Fish

Colibri Hybrid Lighter...

Never tried one but re-post and let us know if it works.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

None that are worth buying. get both lighters separately.
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Check out this thread, it has a bit of information in it....

Your experience with dual flame (soft and torch) lighters
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues- Abraham Lincoln

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp75 View Post
    None that are worth buying. get both lighters separately.
    What he said. A few years back, there was a member here who sold the "Evertorch", or Evertech, something like that. Reviews were mixed, but positively weighted. They're of Chinese manufacture, so let that be your guide.

The single best cigar lighter out there is the im Corona double corona. It features dual soft flames and is Rolex reliable, beautifully crafted and will last you and your grandson a lifetime. With a really good soft flame, I rarely ever touch my torch. Only in extreme burn correction situations is a torch an advantage. Otherwise, you're always better off with a soft flame.

Another thing with torches is that in all but the most wise and skilled hands, they cause vastly more problems than they solve. Most people hit the cigar WAY too hard with a torch, allowing the flame to touch the tobacco, which basically ruins the cigar completely.

Newbie in the ocean

You shoud look Xikar lighters.

Maturing Puffer Fish AlliChaparra's Avatar

I wouldn't get a combo lighter. There are too many things that can get messed up or broken when having too many features to a lighter. For soft flame use some matches. For torch flame Xikar is always a great way to go since they have the life time warranty another good lighter are the Bugatti lighters, which have a 3 year warranty on them.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I believe Vector makes some of them and offers lifetime warranty.

Vector Deux, Minitro, Dupla all have some form of soft flame to torch function.

I just ordered a Prometheus Magma after watching a review video. Look it up. It shows how it acts as both a torch and soft flame at the same time. It's big though!!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” George Burns