Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorite type of cigar box

This is a discussion on Favorite type of cigar box within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I don't think I've seen this question anywhere here. I know we all love the fun of getting a sweet ...

Straight outta Sunnyvale thechasm442's Avatar

Favorite type of cigar box

I don't think I've seen this question anywhere here. I know we all love the fun of getting a sweet box(not that kind) when we make a box purchase. Does anyone have a type they favor?

Personally, I love the sliding lid cabinet style.

Re: Favorite type of cigar box

Name:  large_cain-nub-maduro-closed-box-prod-shot.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  15.2 KB

Do you mean like that one? If so, I agree. I find those to be the most space-efficient, and I guess I don't need the box to look like a mini-humidor.

Quote Originally Posted by thechasm442 View Post
    Personally, I love the sliding lid cabinet style.
    I'm with you, but I also like the small Curivari boxes. Can you imagine how many cigars you could Tetris into your wine/coolidor if all boxes were like those?

Present and Accounted

Can't smoke the box. I'll say as cheap or non existent as possible.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Btubes18's Avatar

I think the Nirvana box is really nice and i like the features it has for display purposes and can stack easy if need be...

Sliding lid Cab box, preferably filled with Tat reservas

GVH
    Puffer Fish with some spikes GVH's Avatar

+1 on the sliding lid - and they make pretty good little humidors with a Boveda pack in the bottom!
    Life is short, death is certain....enjoy your best cigar today!

I'll go against the grain a little here. Even though its not the box your smoking, I really like the fancy ornate designed boxes. Think My Father Le Bijou, or Opus X, with the fancy latch on front, and artwork inside. Really looks classy. Makes me feel a little better about dropping bucks for a box when the box is nice looking too.

null

hate cabinets, the slide lid is just a PITA and traditional dress boxes (for the most part) look trashy imo.

the fuente boxes, like the 858, anejo, and unnamed boxes, i like best.

null

room 101 daruma and joya dark corjo are honorable mentions!

Quote Originally Posted by sullen View Post
    hate cabinets, the slide lid is just a PITA and traditional dress boxes (for the most part) look trashy imo.

the fuente boxes, like the 858, anejo, and unnamed boxes, i like best.
    I like Fuente boxes as well. They just look classy.
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

Disinterested

Since cigar boxes aren't cigars, I'm moving this to Cigar Accessories.

My personal favorites are the humidor quality boxes. Of these, one of the best was the Romeo y Julieta Anniversario boxes from a few years ago. Very nicely made and at least as good as any entry-level 20ct humidor I've seen. I still use one as a humidor in my office.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Dont care about the looks, Im happy with plain spanish cedar that holds the most amount of sticks while taking up the least amount of room in my Eurocave.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

I tend to like the finished look on boxes, as it just gives the product more of a professional look when browsing through humidors at B&Ms.. That said, I typically won't be storing in boxes so it doesn't come down to a space issue for me. I like the finish on the Little Gomez boxes, they are rather nice in person.

Not exactly the same thing, but my local B&M has this sitting on a shelf and I like it. Technically it's a humidor, and far outside of what I'm willing to spend on it but it'd be a neat piece of a mancave. $400 if anyone wants it.

LFD Tobacco Barn Humidor
    Puff's MASSIVE SmokeInn Microblend Contest! - Don't miss your chance to get some extremely limited, and some extremely hard to find Microblends!

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

As someone who doesn't often buy boxes, it'd be swell if people would throw up some pictures of their favs, or any nice ones they have.

It could kind of be like an unofficial "Show Me Your Box" thread....

...carry on.
    I <3 Cigars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast