This is a discussion on Torch Lighter Burns! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Well I have heard many stories on how people have burned themselves/others with torch lighters.
One was a friend who ...
I have attempted several times to light people on fire. Besides stubbly eye brows i've yet to succeed. Lol. But more on topic the other day I did see a not so sober friend burn him self on a stove top trying to light a smoke. Hilarious.
Never with a torch, but...
About 20 years ago, I was at a party at a friend's house. He had out of town guests, one of whom was a blonde I really hit it off with. We were standing in his kitchen, shooting the breeze. Things seemed like they were going very well with the girl. I tried to light a cigarette, but my lighter died, so I bent down and lit my smoke with a burner on his stove, all the while continuing my conversation. I must have had way to much to drink at that point, because i was the last person in the room to realize that my hair was fully engulfed, a la Kramer. The most horrendous stench I ever smelled. Had a big spot of hair right in the front that was burned a whitish color, and extra crispy.
The evening did not end as i thought it was going to.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis
Not too long ago, I was lighting a cigar while walking along the street, leaving my office and heading to a bar a couple of blocks away. Well, I was holding the cigar in my left hand a PB-207 in my right hand, torching the foot, when my cell phone rings. So, I switch the cigar to my right hand, reach in my left hand pocket, retrieve my cell phone, say "hello", and stick the cigar in my mouth. Problem was, the very very very hot lighter was still in that hand and came in direct contact with my face--right below my lip. So I had this strange-looking red mark (looking kind of like this: o0) on my face for a few days. Hurt like hell, too. Now I use the cap that came with the darn thing.
Have not burned myself, but I did set my hand on fire. Was filling up a really crappy butane lighter, one with the blue light that flashed when you lit it. (It was not mine) . I was not paying attention and talking while I was filling it. When I got done, clicked the ignition and my hand went into flames. I don't feel ashamed to say I screamed like a little girl. Now when I fill up, I give some time before clicking it the first time.