Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Torch Lighter Burns!

This is a discussion on Torch Lighter Burns! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Well I have heard many stories on how people have burned themselves/others with torch lighters. One was a friend who ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Torch Lighter Burns!

Well I have heard many stories on how people have burned themselves/others with torch lighters.

One was a friend who tried to light someones cig with a torch lighter. The friend burned the guys nose and he had a black spot for a while....quite funny lol

Has anyone encountered burn stories with these lighters?

Re: Torch Lighter Burns!

Thankfully no....

A chick at a bar the other week asked me if I had a ligher & was a little confused when I took her cigarette & lit it... I just didn't trust lighting the thing while it was still in her mouth!!!

Not personally, but I've started warning people (esp. newbies and cigarette smokers) to not lean in when I light them with my torch. I do the torching, they do the drawing and turning.

Young Fish

I have attempted several times to light people on fire. Besides stubbly eye brows i've yet to succeed. Lol. But more on topic the other day I did see a not so sober friend burn him self on a stove top trying to light a smoke. Hilarious.

Full grown Puffer Fish iceman95's Avatar

I thought I was the only one.

I burned the crap out of my finger while toasting the foot of a Toraņo Exodus 1959 Silver Robusto this past weekend. Got off the side of it a little too far and put a blister on my middle finger.
    It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling. ~ Mark Twain

And another thing...the flame is REALLY hard to see in daylight.

No

I usually just light my cigars with them...
    Smoke-em if you got em

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hoplophile's Avatar

Never with a torch, but...
    About 20 years ago, I was at a party at a friend's house. He had out of town guests, one of whom was a blonde I really hit it off with. We were standing in his kitchen, shooting the breeze. Things seemed like they were going very well with the girl. I tried to light a cigarette, but my lighter died, so I bent down and lit my smoke with a burner on his stove, all the while continuing my conversation. I must have had way to much to drink at that point, because i was the last person in the room to realize that my hair was fully engulfed, a la Kramer. The most horrendous stench I ever smelled. Had a big spot of hair right in the front that was burned a whitish color, and extra crispy.

The evening did not end as i thought it was going to.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes wharfrathoss's Avatar

haven't burned myself yet, but i get a kick out of letting cigarette smokers use the torch to light up-sometimes the results are pretty funny-i saw one guy burn his cigarette almost in 1/2!
    There's nothing so bad in life that it can't be made worse by a lousy cigar.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Mr. Montecristo's Avatar

No burning nose here. If the flame is set too high, then you could burn yourself. Set the flame low, and you'll be fine.

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."
    -- Mark Twain
    [SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]Proud Cigar Smoker for 6+ Years![/SIZE][/SIZE]

Not too long ago, I was lighting a cigar while walking along the street, leaving my office and heading to a bar a couple of blocks away. Well, I was holding the cigar in my left hand a PB-207 in my right hand, torching the foot, when my cell phone rings. So, I switch the cigar to my right hand, reach in my left hand pocket, retrieve my cell phone, say "hello", and stick the cigar in my mouth. Problem was, the very very very hot lighter was still in that hand and came in direct contact with my face--right below my lip. So I had this strange-looking red mark (looking kind of like this: o0) on my face for a few days. Hurt like hell, too. Now I use the cap that came with the darn thing.
    [SIZE="1"]For Rent[/SIZE]

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by bkc888 View Post
    And another thing...the flame is REALLY hard to see in daylight.

Because of this, I never let anyone use my torch lighter if I'm not sure that they have already used torches.
    Ramsey: How do you like that cigar?
    Hunter: It's good, sir.
    Ramsey: Well, don't like it too much. They're more expensive than drugs.

Leading Puffer Fish

Oh, and the classic 'stupid newbie' torch lighter mistake: Holding it up to your ear to hear the 'hisssssss...' when checking the levels. Made that mistake exactly once!
    Ramsey: How do you like that cigar?
    Hunter: It's good, sir.
    Ramsey: Well, don't like it too much. They're more expensive than drugs.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Lit part of my beard on fire one time.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Punch Suckling in Brain Funnymantrip's Avatar

Have not burned myself, but I did set my hand on fire. Was filling up a really crappy butane lighter, one with the blue light that flashed when you lit it. (It was not mine) . I was not paying attention and talking while I was filling it. When I got done, clicked the ignition and my hand went into flames. I don't feel ashamed to say I screamed like a little girl. Now when I fill up, I give some time before clicking it the first time.
    Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast