Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Recharge a Boveda r/h pack?

This is a discussion on Recharge a Boveda r/h pack? within the Cigar Accessory Questions forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; The Boveda packs last about 3-4 months the package says, but is is possible to recharge these packs, I got ...

Recharge a Boveda r/h pack?

The Boveda packs last about 3-4 months the package says, but is is possible to recharge these packs, I got one for 65% r/h, if it is possible please do tell......
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ko4000's Avatar

Re: Recharge a Boveda r/h pack?

Apparently if the boveda pack hasn't completely dried out you can put it in a tupperware or other air tight container with a wet paper towel for a week or two it will recharge. I dont have any experience doing it, this is just what Ive read.
    This is my Signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Full grown Puffer Fish ChiTownHustler's Avatar

I've recharged their calibration pack by doing what ko4000 suggested, except I used a sponge soaked with DW. Make sure the packet doesn't come into contact with the towel or sponge

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Mutombo's Avatar

Yep, you can also use a shotglass filled with DW in a tupperware.

Maturing Puffer Fish keithisreal's Avatar

This is good to know b/c I use Boveda

Going to have to give this a try. I have a few that I would not mind extending in some of my smaller humis but not willing to buy more.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

I've used the same 5-6 packs for well over a year. I keep four in use, and two recharging. Then swap 'em out.

Works like a charm. I've even used 3 recharged 89% packs to season a humi, worked just fine in less than a week.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    The Boveda packs last about 3-4 months the package says, but is is possible to recharge these packs, I got one for 65% r/h, if it is possible please do tell......
    Sure Jimbo put them in a Ziploc bag. With one of those water pillows or a jar of gel. In 1-2 weeks they will be fully charged. They swell up so much they look like the pillows. You see gel and pillows just keep giving off r/h. The Boveda's are a two way system!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with some spikes RetiredNavyIC's Avatar

Great idea! I've used boveda, but never thought of recharging.

I got a couple and think I will charge 1 while I use the other. Thanks to all who answer this.
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper