Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The stupid brick humi won't stick on the top of the humidor.... help

This is a discussion on The stupid brick humi won't stick on the top of the humidor.... help within the Cigar Accessory Questions forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; So I got a new humidor and it came with the brick humi thingy. It has double stick tape but ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

Question The stupid brick humi won't stick on the top of the humidor.... help

So I got a new humidor and it came with the brick humi thingy. It has double stick tape but the stupid thing won't stay. It keeps falling down. What is the secret except more double stick tape? The hydrometer stays with no problem...

am I just overthinking because I am a noob and just need more doublestick tape?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish REDROMMY's Avatar

Re: The stupid brick humi won't stick on the top of the humidor.... help

The only tape that has ever worked for me is a loop of brown packing tape. However i like my humidification at the bottom because humidity rises.

If you can replace that with another media, those tend to harvest mold. Like beads or kitty litter.
    Long time no see!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish REDROMMY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
    If you can replace that with another media, those tend to harvest mold. Like beads or kitty litter.
    Long time no see!
    And this too!
    Beads kick ass.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish chasingstanley's Avatar

I use magnets held on w/glue dots from the craft store works great
    Your not a noob 08' and 543 posts
    The Big Smoke

Replace it with one of these if you want to keep it up top: Humidor Humidity Beads, Heartfelt Humidity Beads

Use high-end hook and loop (velcro) to make it stay.

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chasingstanley View Post
    I use magnets held on w/glue dots from the craft store works great
    Your not a noob 08' and 543 posts
    for cigars I am... just started about a month or two ago... slowly building a collection and getting bombed...

total pipe guy but the cigar is nice to get into as well...

Buy some HCM or Heartfelt bead products and lay it on the bottom. I'd ditch that mold magnet anyway. For a short term solution buy 3-4 boveda packs from your local brick and mortar.

Puffer Fish with many spikes lebz's Avatar

Magnets and Heartfelt or KL!
    Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. ~ Mark Twain

Maturing Puffer Fish stogiesn69's Avatar

I'd ditch that and follow the advice of others. The KL or beads will give you better humidity and stability anyway. I'm amazed by the cheap crap that comes with most humidors, disappointing to say the least.

jmd
    Puffer Fish with some spikes jmd's Avatar

I too am a new cigar smoker about as long as you. I just bought some kitty litter and it is way better than the foam stuff.
    I popped open the brick and took out the grate and green foam, then I poured the KL down in it and spread it out. Sit it in the bottom of your humi and you are good to go!

Hope it helps!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

The tape that comes with those humidifiers is terrible, it's knock off Chinese stuff. Do yourself a favor and buy some 3M double sided tape and you'll have no problems after that.

Puffer Fish with some spikes alexcue's Avatar

Now, I'm a little nervous about some of this stuff, but there is no concern about the "fumes" from the tape/glue getting on the cigars? Probably dumb question..

Young Puffer Fish

Use two eye screws with a couple of key ring metal beads/clip. Or, use the eye screws with a couple of metal paper clips with plastic insulation. You bend the paper clips just right and they will not cntact anything in te humidor. I've used both of these - no more issues with non-staying rick humi.
    RR

bought magnets at a craft store like michaels and hot glued it to unit worked great also i did that on my winador the crappy magnets on the hydrometer are hard to stick to to spanish cedar very porious

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast