Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coolidors, available models, volumes, and approx cigars/boxes they can hold?

This is a discussion on Coolidors, available models, volumes, and approx cigars/boxes they can hold? within the Cigar Accessory Questions forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; Thinking of buying one to store boxes that are taking up valuable humidor space. I havent found this anywhere (let ...

Question Coolidors, available models, volumes, and approx cigars/boxes they can hold?

Thinking of buying one to store boxes that are taking up valuable humidor space. I havent found this anywhere (let me know if it's already a thread) but can someone or a bunch of puffers help me compile a list of available coolers, their volumes and roughly how many standard boxes they can hold? Plus any pros/cons associated with them....
    Thoughts/input?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Re: Coolidors, available models, volumes, and approx cigars/boxes they can hold?

Yikes, this is going to be interesting. Valuable information as I have my large 150 filled to the brim and my small one full of tupperdores. My Coleman 150 has 23 boxes of various sizes and shapes. I hate opening it because i'm afraid if I move anything it won't close again. The only con I have with my cooler it never seems to seal completely. Even so, it holds humidity well.
    I had the right to remain silent...unfortunately, I didn't have the ability.............Ron White

Re: Coolidors, available models, volumes, and approx cigars/boxes they can hold?

Quote Originally Posted by capttrips View Post
    Yikes, this is going to be interesting. Valuable information as I have my large 150 filled to the brim and my small one full of tupperdores. My Coleman 150 has 23 boxes of various sizes and shapes. I hate opening it because i'm afraid if I move anything it won't close again. The only con I have with my cooler it never seems to seal completely. Even so, it holds humidity well.
    Thanks bro

So we have:
    Coleman 150: approx 23boxes. Holds RH well, but doesn't seem to seal completely.
    Last edited by loulax07; 09-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    Veni Vidi Vici

It probably doesn't seal completely because it's packed! hehehehehe

I don't have a coolidor but from what I've seen most use the 150qt coleman. It's got a lot of slots to put shelves if you stand it upright and it's big enough. Anything else will be smaller. For $70-80 it holds a lot.

I can't post links yet but under the Cigar Accessories section, look for the "Take a pic of your Coolidor" thread.
    It basically shows pix of everyone's coolidor, what they have in it and how they configure it from all shape and size.

I have a 150 Qt Igloo and have approx 15 assorted boxes and multiple wooden trays to hold individual cigars. The model I have has the grooves that only go half way from the bottom to the top so when I built my shelves (I stand the cooler on its end) I used PVC pipe up front to hold the selves. (There is a picture of this from another Puffer in the "Show Pics of your coolidor thread). I am waiting for some nicer SC trays that I ordered from Forrest. They are multiple sizes so I should be able to make much better use of available space. I am using Kitty Litter and have held a rock steady RH of 64% for several months with virtually no maintenance. The cooler has a small access door in the lid which I thought might be a problem but so far it has not been an issue and the small door allows me to check my RH without opening the whole cooler up.

The only thing I would say is if you buy an igloo make sure you get one with full length grooves if you plan on standing it up and using shelves or drawers.
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

i have the 48qt Igloo 'Island breeze' or whatever it's called (red one for $1 and it holds about 200 sticks, mostly non boxed. i've got pretty much every available space in it filled though, so i bet the total would be similar with all boxes.

When I was looking a few months ago, the Coleman everyone recommends was out of stock and possibly discountinued. It does seem like another one has been restocked. Similar price, similar item, same size. It is the Coleman Xtreme 150 Quart Cooler and while it is out of stock online, it is available locally for me. I don't know what the inside looks like. Anyone have this exactly model?

Explorer of fine things.. Quine's Avatar

My cooler is only a 48qt job but it holds about 10-12 boxes of various sizes, probably half of them standard 25-stick robusto size boxes, the others smaller 20 and 10 stick boxes, plus two 2.5qt tupperware containers. Not a really tight seal, but close enough and Rh seems stable. I usually take 2-3 sticks from each box and put them in my humidors (I have 3, a 30, 50, and 150 count) because going after individual boxes (fitted in like Tetris pieces) in the cooler can be a daunting task!
    ...and a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke! -- Rudyard Kipling "The Betrothed"

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    I usually take 2-3 sticks from each box and put them in my humidors (I have 3, a 30, 50, and 150 count) because going after individual boxes (fitted in like Tetris pieces) in the cooler can be a daunting task!
    I need to come up with a system so I know what sticks are in which boxes. Right now they are pretty much all mix and match so you are absolutely right it is a pain to pull a specific stick. I wish I would have thought about labeling the boxes as my collection was growing...Something so simple yet definitely overlooked!
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    My cooler is only a 48qt job but it holds about 10-12 boxes of various sizes, probably half of them standard 25-stick robusto size boxes, the others smaller 20 and 10 stick boxes, plus two 2.5qt tupperware containers. Not a really tight seal, but close enough and Rh seems stable. I usually take 2-3 sticks from each box and put them in my humidors (I have 3, a 30, 50, and 150 count) because going after individual boxes (fitted in like Tetris pieces) in the cooler can be a daunting task!
    Make/model?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Have this 48 ct. that I think cost me $23 at wally world

Have 14 boxes plus 3 bundles (one of which is about half gone)

about 16 5-packs, a couple 3 packs....

Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com

awesome thanks bro
    how's the seal?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Great! holds rock steady at 66%

it snaps so tight, it's hard to open
    Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com

Full grown Puffer Fish

Eric,

Great pictures and stock.

Was wondering how many my 48 qt wally cooler would hold.

Thanks for sharing.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I hate to even think about unloading mine because it's such a pain to get everything back in. Not that I have that much, but it can be a pain - like a puzzle. Finally set mine on kitchen table and it took about 4 tries to get it the way I wanted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast