Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Noob humidor help!

This is a discussion on Noob humidor help! within the Cigar Accessory Questions forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; Im pretty new to cigars, but as I am acquiring more and more cigars I figure I better get a ...

Noob humidor help!

Im pretty new to cigars, but as I am acquiring more and more cigars I figure I better get a humidor...

I can't post links, but I was looking at cigarsinternational and they a "herf-a-dor" +10 Cigars for ~37 bucks. Is this a good deal? If not can someone help me out and point me in the right direction for a humidor?

I apologize if there is already a thread for this but I searched and couldn't find anything...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Re: Noob humidor help!

herfadors are travel humidors. you can keep cigars in them for quite a while but they are only a 10 count humidor.
    If you want something inexpensive and works well go with a large airtight tupperware container. Throw in some spanish cedar sheets on the sides and bottom, a 65% bovida pack and you're good to go.

you can find the tupperware at target, walmart and other stores. The spanish cedar can be gotten from B&M's old cigar boxes or from wood working stores like Rockler or woodcraft.

I suggest you go the above route first before investing a in wooden humidor. The above will maybe set you back $25 where a good quality humidor will be north of $100 and the tupperdor will hold much more for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    herfadors are travel humidors. you can keep cigars in them for quite a while but they are only a 10 count humidor.
    If you want something inexpensive and works well go with a large airtight tupperware container. Throw in some spanish cedar sheets on the sides and bottom, a 65% bovida pack and you're good to go.

you can find the tupperware at target, walmart and other stores. The spanish cedar can be gotten from B&M's old cigar boxes or from wood working stores like Rockler or woodcraft.

I suggest you go the above route first before investing a in wooden humidor. The above will maybe set you back $25 where a good quality humidor will be north of $100 and the tupperdor will hold much more for the money.

Okay, thanks! I'll look into going about that. Thanks for replying!

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

Unless you have more expendable income you might as well go the tepperdor route to start off. As far as the herfador deal though, I love my herfadors, 5 and 15 count, but I don't usually care for the cigar options they give with that deal. If there are any to your liking though then it is indeed a good value, go for it.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Rhube View Post
    Unless you have more expendable income you might as well go the tepperdor route to start off. As far as the herfador deal though, I love my herfadors, 5 and 15 count, but I don't usually care for the cigar options they give with that deal. If there are any to your liking though then it is indeed a good value, go for it.
    Cool. I'll definitely be taking the tupperdor route!