Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Review: The Tradition Humidor

This is a discussion on Review: The Tradition Humidor within the Cigar Accessory Questions forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; First review! What follows is a a review of the Tradition, a humidor in the Heritage Collection offered by Quality ...

Review: The Tradition Humidor

First review! What follows is a a review of the Tradition, a humidor in the Heritage Collection offered by Quality Importers. I purchased mine through Mark Neff/Cigarmony and would thoroughly recommend that you do the same. Mark's customer service, timeliness, prices, and deals are unbeatable.

First, some pictures:

Packaging and shipping:

My humidor shipped out directly from the manufacturer via UPS the day I ordered it and arrived 3 days later. It was tightly packed in a medium-thickness cardboard box. Inside, the humidor was wrapped in plastic and was protected by two layers of half-inch Styrofoam.

Appearance and Finish:

This is a very stately-looking humidor that appears to be much more expensive than it actually is. It doesn't quite look right in my modest college dorm room but should look great in my bedroom back home. It sports tarnished brass hardware (handles and quadrant hinges) and is constructed of solid wood with a deep cherry finish. The solid wood construction is, in my opinion, one of the biggest advantages of this humidor. It is less likely to be blemished by the unsightly scratches and dings that plague veneered/lacquered humidors. That said, the finish is not of the highest quality. There are some slight radial smears on the lid and a number of small drip-like circles throughout. However, these are only noticeable upon close inspection.

Construction:

The construction is superb. It is much lighter than it looks but feels very sturdy. The bottom is felt-lined. Kiln-dried, smooth Spanish cedar lines the inside. The cedar was a little sandy out of the box and required some proper cleaning.

Functionality:

The humidor has a decent seal when unlocked and a very good seal when actually locked.It holds humidity well and is currently stable around 70%, though I'm working to bring that number down. It came with two standard humidifiers that I'm using in conjunction with my own bag of Heartfelt beads. The digital hygrometer included seems to be very accurate--off by about +1% RH. I have robustos and churchills alike and have managed to fit only about 80 cigars in the humidor, which is advertised as a 125ct.

The humidor comes with a tray, three dividers and an aerator. The aerator is an interesting feature. It is essentially a Spanish cedar grill slightly offset from the very bottom. In theory, it helps to make ensure that all of the cigars are properly exposed to the humidity. I like the concept and am using it but it does seem to detract quite a bit from the capacity of the humidor.

Conclusion:4.5/5 Stars

I paid $140 for the Tradition and think I got a great deal. It's a pretty yet functional desktop. I can imagine enjoying it for many, many years even if I need to get a coolerdor or something similar to support my growing habit. That said, the humidor (or at least mine) does seem to have some minor quality issues.

Re: Review: The Tradition Humidor

It's possible that I should have put this in Reviews - Cigar Products. Please move it if that is the case.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Leeboob's Avatar

nice review and congrats on the new piece. i got a question though...what are the pictures on your pillow case?
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would have no place to live.

[SIZE="7"]GO POKES!!![/SIZE]

Haha, thanks. That would be my Polo bedset (the girls love it, believe me). Anyway, please ignore.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Leeboob's Avatar

all's good...especially if it's for the ladies.
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would have no place to live.

[SIZE="7"]GO POKES!!![/SIZE]

So which one are you planning on buying next?

Nice setup and nice filler too...

not exactly a neat "freak", but very organized you are!

oh oh and very nice assortment you got there!

"Nothing is so simple that it cannot be misunderstood." Teague's Paradox

Looking good David!

Great review BTW!

~Mark

Elder Puffer Fish Leader kheffelf's Avatar

Nice review of the humi, looks a little full, probably time to buy another one.
    When I hold you in my arms, And I feel my finger on your trigger, I know no one can do me no harm, Because happiness is a warm gun.
    - the Beatles

Nice looking humi, glad you are liking it.

Looks almost full. Is it coolador time ?????

Nice teddy bears.
    Smoke-em if you got em

That's a nice looking humi, and a tasty selection of smokes as well! Thanks for the review!!
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]It's more about the journey than it is the destination.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Very nice looking!
    "Never trust a MassHole offering to send you anything..."

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Boston_Dude05's Avatar

Very nice ****!!! Like those Anejos and Padrons in there. Thanks for a great post.

Committed

Looks very nice. Mine looks like a cheap knockoff of yours though. Same shape, but mine just looks cheap.
    我恨棕色襯衣

Full grown Puffer Fish Airborne RU's Avatar

You are already ahead of the power curve. Nice humi.
    I am the Kit Fox, I live with uncertainty; if there is anything difficult, if there is anything dangerous to do, that is mine. //from a Sioux Kit Fox Society Song//

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast