Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Ronson JetLite Torch Lighter

This is a discussion on Ronson JetLite Torch Lighter within the Cigar Accessory Reviews forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; If you are having trouble finding these at your local wal-mart - look in the checkout isles, I found mine ...

Re: Ronson JetLite Torch Lighter

If you are having trouble finding these at your local wal-mart - look in the checkout isles, I found mine in isles not related to tobacco, they had a couple hanging up with the calling cards and candy, there was no particular order on how they had them set out. In the tobacco isle it was all the cheap bics, but 2 isles over they were waiting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other. Body used up, totally worn out + screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Mine just died, good thing I bought another one. Going to see if I can get it sent in for warranty

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I just filled mine, and now it sputters and dies and won't stay lit... do I have to "bleed" it?

Puffer Fish with some spikes CosmoKCohiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linty View Post
    I just filled mine, and now it sputters and dies and won't stay lit... do I have to "bleed" it?
    I find sputtering is usually caused by air trapped in the reservoir, a good purge should be done before each refill, also allow the temp to equalize before firing the lighter up.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

dang... ok, sorta wasting butane, but if it'll help... paperclip time!

Puffer Fish with some spikes totallytentative's Avatar

Sorry this comes a bit late, but I found I had that issue with some lighters (my Ronson and a Nibo) and found I was just trying to run them too low. They had this sputtering/pulsing flame and had trouble staying lit. Turning up the flame level a tad solved the issue. I always purge them really thoroughly before I fill. I don't just wait until gas stops coming out, I let it sit for a bit and then purge it again.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Chris.'s Avatar

I couldn't find these anywhere locally, so I ordered 4 of them online and have only had to open the first one. they also send a can of their ronson ultra butane fuel with my order. It cost me right around $25 shipped. GREAT lighter. It destroys the hell out of my colibri in terms of consistent lighting and build quality.
    Not so n00b anymore

Evolving Lead Gorrilla VoteKinky06's Avatar

Just picked up 6 at Wal-Mart for $18, good lighter to take to the golf course where I would rather not leave my porsche design lighter in the golf cart, as has been the fate of many a lighter.
    "The American republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's money."

Alexis de Tocqueville

Puffer Fish with many spikes emelbee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totallytentative View Post
    Sorry this comes a bit late, but I found I had that issue with some lighters (my Ronson and a Nibo) and found I was just trying to run them too low. They had this sputtering/pulsing flame and had trouble staying lit. Turning up the flame level a tad solved the issue. I always purge them really thoroughly before I fill. I don't just wait until gas stops coming out, I let it sit for a bit and then purge it again.
    Shaking the lighter will help get more gas out, too.
    "A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
    - G.K. Chesterton, Everlasting Man, 1925

Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corpus View Post
    To whom it may concern.... if you're having issues getting your Ronson (or other piezo igniter) to light properly, try angling "sparky" slightly upwards, away from the burner. I did that with mine and afterwards, what used to take 6 to 10 tries getting it lit now lights 99% of the time on the first try. Give it a whirl.
    Still have not found the perfect lighter. After awhile they all seem to have problems firing up in the wind. Have tried all kinds of fuel and that did not seem to help.

Anyway, I have a cheap dual flame lighter that was working fairly well and then it started to not fire without clicking it a number of times. I adjusted the igniter wire as you suggested and that helped out a lot. Thanks for the advice!

Full grown Puffer Fish holmes711's Avatar

After reading this post last night, I went out this morning and picked one up at CVS for $4.50. I couldn't find them at Walmart.

Puffer Fish with some spikes QWKDTSN's Avatar

I went to both Wal-marts near me (one about 2 miles away, the other 15) and sure enough, both of them had an empty space on the rack near the smokes. Too bad, as I'd like to pick up a couple of these. I'll just have to keep checking in whenever I'm nearby.

Puffer Fish with some spikes QWKDTSN's Avatar

I finally found a whole rack full of JetLites! Man... Everything I have read about them is true. If you have never seen one of these before it feels like a $30-40 lighter, easily. It is heavy and snaps open and closed with a loud and assured clank. Great action and immediate lighting. I picked up a plain one in a beautiful charcoal finish for myself and a couple of 'spares'. I'll either gift them out or put them in a drawer. I'm tempted to buy a few more just because they seem like impossibly good value for the money... I mean... For $3 you can't beat this. I keep pulling mine out just to play with it and marvel at it!

Quote Originally Posted by QWKDTSN View Post
    I keep pulling mine out just to play with it and marvel at it!

Best out-of-context quote EVER!

Going out to wallgreens to see if I can find one right now.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast