Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boom's Draw Tool (Review)

This is a discussion on Boom's Draw Tool (Review) within the Cigar Accessory Reviews forums, part of the Cigar Accessory Discussion category; Ever since I started smoking cigars, the "tight rolled" cigar has been a problem quite a few times. Enough to ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CopGTP's Avatar

Boom's Draw Tool (Review)

Ever since I started smoking cigars, the "tight rolled" cigar has been a problem quite a few times. Enough to the point that the stick wasn't even smokable. Even with a good stick, sometimes I find myself saying, "I wish the draw was better"

A few months back, I contacted Troy (Boom on the forums) about purchasing one of his draw tools that he makes. He gave me a price and listed the different types of wood in which he works in. It was an impressive list. I told him Cocobolo was my preferred and he sent pictures of a few he had done already with different types of handle designs. All of them were very nicely done and impressive!

Fast forward to this month, I finally got around to sending payment for a tool. After waiting a few days, it finally arrived at my door step, and I thought I'd post a review.

The packaging was nothing special, enough to get the job done and keep the tool safe during shipment.

Unpackaging the tool, the first thing that struck me was the quality wood work on this piece. The handle is a perfect size for this application. It's small enough to keep your thinking that this is a delicate procedure, but big enough to get the job done. The wood is finished and feels nice in your hand.

The business end of the tool is very sturdy, thick metal. The point is sharp, and goes through a plugged stick very easily. Troy machines two "teeth" into the metal to help bite into the filler and keep the draw even throughout the smoke. I have to say, this is a great addition to a great tool.

So all and all, this was a GREAT investment. Any BOTL needs one of these! It's amazing how well it works. Troy also wrote on the bag that it can be used as a nubber. Of course being a sharp point, it does work, but you do run into the "twisting" problem. I have a Jenady nubber in cocobolo also, so these two smoking tools compliment eachother nicely

I'm uploading some pictures now for you all to enjoy , if anyone is interested in one of these, contact "Boom" via PM on the board and see what he can do.
    PPD: Cigar Bombing Task Force

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Re: Boom's Draw Tool (Review)

It's everything you said...I love mine and can't give it back to Troy even though he said he'd "re tool" it with the hooks. As far as being able to use it as a nubber you can easily...what I do is push it thru the head of the cigar until it comes out the other side..that keeps it from pinwheeling and I don't lose anything as far as a draw on it. I also have Jenadys nubber...two great cigar accessories that everybody should own.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Annnd, here are the pics

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Sounds like a great invention has he tried to market them on E-Bay i bet you they would take off like a rocket.
    Just saw the pictures that handle is beautiful. Looks pointy nice and thin great tool to have no doubt!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Great Pics Jason! I, too am in the market for one. If I do get one, I will probably contact Troy for them as I have seen some very nice pictures of them!

Leading Puffer Fish Richterscale's Avatar

Very nice How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Troy works with flat out pricing, and trades too!!! So I'm sure his price varies if you send him some delicious stogies that he's been dying to try

But I paid outright for it, and it was below $30

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Thanks for the review!

Scotch & Cigars

Very nice review

Looks like a great product!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Frodo's Avatar

I have one of these and it works really well. Well worth the coin!

The real Sistine Chapel jbrown287's Avatar

The shape of the handle is awesome. I pm'ed him a few days back but still haven't gotten a response. Makes me want one even more now.
    Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Raul Julia
    I also suffer from Entomophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    It's everything you said...I love mine and can't give it back to Troy even though he said he'd "re tool" it with the hooks. As far as being able to use it as a nubber you can easily...what I do is push it thru the head of the cigar until it comes out the other side..that keeps it from pinwheeling and I don't lose anything as far as a draw on it. I also have Jenadys nubber...two great cigar accessories that everybody should own.
    I just smoked a delicious Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme and tested out my draw tool as a nubber. Sure enough, piercing it all the way through did the trick!

First off Thanks Jason for the High Praise... I felt I could use one hobby to benefit another hobby, cigars.

Gary... your just scared you 'll like my new improved one better... offer still stands.

Highland Park SingleMalt salmonfly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    First off Thanks Jason for the High Praise... I felt I could use one hobby to benefit another hobby, cigars.

Gary... your just scared you 'll like my new improved one better... offer still stands.
    I also have one of these from Troy and I love the way it work as two tools in one.

All of my friends here in Sweden keep asking me were did I buy it from.
    Troy keep up the good work Bro!!
    FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL SMOKING SINNERS, ENJOY YOUR SMOKE OR YOU WILL FEEL THE RAPH OF THE GODS!! THIS GUY GOING LOCO (((((FTA O ASS)))))

late2web

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post

I am looking to buy 1 of these tools for my husband for Christmas. How would one contact the maker? Thank you in advance for any help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast