Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Perfecto Cigar Review - Can't agree with the reviews

This is a discussion on Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Perfecto Cigar Review - Can't agree with the reviews within the Cigar News, Cigar Videos, Cigar Reviews, Cigar Interviews, etc. forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; The first two thirds were quite boring, some leather, tobacco, wood, but not really complex or interesting. Last third kicked ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Perfecto Cigar Review - Can't agree with the reviews

The first two thirds were quite boring, some leather, tobacco, wood, but not really complex or interesting. Last third kicked in some spice and was...

Read the full review here: Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Perfecto Cigar Review - Can't agree with the reviews

Puffer Fish with some spikes marc in nola's Avatar

Re: Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Perfecto Cigar Review - Can't agree with the reviews

i know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread just to find an answer to my question about the RP Perfectos: which end do you light? Am I supposed to cut off the cap and light the tapered tip, or is do I light the cap that I cut off and smoke from the tapered tip? Thanks in advance.

Young Fish

Re: Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Perfecto Cigar Review - Can't agree with the reviews

Quote Originally Posted by marc in nola View Post
    i know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread just to find an answer to my question about the RP Perfectos: which end do you light? Am I supposed to cut off the cap and light the tapered tip, or is do I light the cap that I cut off and smoke from the tapered tip? Thanks in advance.
    Cut off the cap and light the end you don't cut. So the cut end should be in you're mouth.

Puffer Fish with some spikes marc in nola's Avatar

I finally figured it out - thank you

I thought the 1990 was a decent smoke.

Young Puffer Fish Callum Harris's Avatar

I bought a box of these 2 years ago. My experience leaves me scratching my head. Very nice leathery flavors in some, but others displayed an un smokeable bitterness. In short, very hit and miss, but the ones that are good are very welcome in my humidor

I tried the torpedo and I didn’t find it bitter at all. Actually it seemed pretty mellow and earthy to me. There was even a bit of sweetness from time to time, though I guess some of the coffee notes were a little bitter. It just wasn’t in a bad way to me. I had to keep the burn from getting too hot/fast or it was a bit strong, but all in all I really enjoyed it.