Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alec Bradley MAXX The Fix

This is a discussion on Alec Bradley MAXX The Fix within the Cigar News, Cigar Videos, Cigar Reviews, Cigar Interviews, etc. forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; ...

Shape: Robusto
    Size: 5 X 58
    Origin: Honduras
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Maduro

I decided to try the Alec Bradley MAXX The Fix, which was bombed to me by Kevin (aka kapathy), at the V-Herf last night. At 58 this was one of the biggest RG I have smoked, I tend to prefer closer to 50 RG size, but what the heck had to try it sometime. I paired it with a Dr. Pepper spiked with Havana Club.

Construction: 9/10
    Checking out this cigar it was amazing, a nice oily dark chocolate colored wrapper, some medium sized veins, nothing unappealing. It was firm yet spongy when squeezed.

Flavor: 20/25
    The flavor of this cigar was very good. It had hints of cocoa and roasted coffee. I also got some caramel flavour throughout. The flavour was consistently earthy and smooth.

Draw: 8/10
    The draw was very nice with no major issues.

Burn: 7/10
    I only had to re-light once and for the most part the burn was except on a few occasions.

Ash: 4/5
    The ash was a nice gray with a little flaking, I nubbed it at the 1” MARK SO I WOULDN’T WEAR IT.

Smoke: 5/5
    There was lots of heavy smoke, just the way I like it.

Impression: 30/35

Even though I prefer smaller RG cigars, overall I really enjoyed this cigar. From start to finish it smelled and tasted great. I will definitely smoke this cigar again.

Overall Rating: 83/100

Thanks Kevin for allowing me to try this stick bro’

The Krazy Kanuck

Re: Alec Bradley MAXX The Fix

great review craig...... i really like that stick, short and fat just the way my wife....... oh crap nevermind. hahahahaha only difference i get from that is a little doughy flavor mixed in with the cocoa and coffee....... like a good morning pastry and coffee.
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Alpha Puffer Fish

great stick, you can't really go wrong with an Alec Bradley from my experience. The size is a bit daunting if your used to a smaller ring, but it is a great smoke. Since it was a Bomb, if you don't finish it, not much of a crime. But I have had good luck with the "start to finish" goodness of the AB line so far VS say a 5 Vegas which I find a bit hit/miss. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nice stick and your review mirrors my experience with these. They are often on the monster cheap for fivers, and even smokers of less robust fare seem to like them.

Aging does them little justice, IMO - I tucked one away for a year and it seemed to fade in the process some. Not bad, just lost some of its complexities.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Kevin told me it had 6-8 Months on it, so it was nicely aged... hmmmm
    The Krazy Kanuck

Puffer Fish with many spikes lebz's Avatar

Great review! I had an Bradley bombed to me by Shuckins. I had the band somewhere.. can't remember which is terrible... but I really enjoyed it as well! At the B&M the shop owner was raving about the brand.
    Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. ~ Mark Twain

Newbie in the ocean

I smoked this one just a couple of hours ago and I must say that this is for keeps, loved the flavours and the construction.

Enjoyed your review

I got a fiver of the Fix on the cheap, smoke one ROTT and agree with most of your review. After a month at about 63%, burn and draw issues disappeared and the output of smoke and cocoa flavor seemed to increase.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

nice review. I was planning on picking one of these up when I had the chance

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

These are very good cigars for the price. Don't go crazy with the aging...it doesn't improve them much (if at all). Just get 'em to the right RH and smoke 'em.
    "I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Alpha Puffer Fish

I just got 5 of these as part of a 10 for $27 deal a friend and I split. They are in a bit of shock from being mailed so I am going to give them a week or two to level out and smoke one. Can't wait! Loved the Prensado and the Tempus so I am sure this will be a beautiful smoke too.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Been aging them since my last post, smoked one, good smoke, not great. A little on the peppery side for me. I like the Tempus and the Prensado a bit more.
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Quote Originally Posted by meatcake View Post
    Been aging them since my last post, smoked one, good smoke, not great. A little on the peppery side for me. I like the Tempus and the Prensado a bit more.
    Let them sit for a couple months and try again, see if you notice the difference, mark down some notes now while it's fresh in your head...
    The Krazy Kanuck

Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by WyldKnyght View Post
    Let them sit for a couple months and try again, see if you notice the difference, mark down some notes now while it's fresh in your head...
    Way ahead of you. I'm kind of OCD so I already have a very detailed list of what I have with notes about how they taste/burn. What they pair well with. I love my other Alec Bradley's so I'm gonna give these another few months and try again.
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BaconStrips's Avatar

I have smoked many the fix smokes, I think they are great cigars. If you haven't tried the MAXX the Freak you really should. I think the larger size compliments the cigar and cools it down a lot and also mellows out the flavors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast