Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Partagas 1845

This is a discussion on Partagas 1845 within the Cigar News, Cigar Videos, Cigar Reviews, Cigar Interviews, etc. forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; So I had picked up a Partagas 1845 in a cool t00b a few weeks ago form a local, before ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

Partagas 1845

So I had picked up a Partagas 1845 in a cool t00b a few weeks ago form a local, before my life really took a turn for the worse. Nothing to really worry about just the crappy economy of a recent divorce finally reared its ugly head. So, I had a few friends over and we were sitting around having adult beverages. So I fired it up.

Man, I just love the dark oily look of the wrapper. The band is a work of art by itself in my opinion. I use the punch method after light. I just use my dual purpose vector lighter my girlfriend (not the reason for my divorce) got me for my birthday. So the first draw on this stick is a blast of cayenne pepper, not a blast, maybe a shot. Then Mexican Chocolate like you would have on a cold south Texas day, maybe when its gets down to a chilly oh 85 degrees you know around Christmas time. It pretty much is like that during the first third. Then it gets kinda bland for a minute. And like a transition phase goes all earthy, leathery and a little nutty during the 2ND third. The spice came back for during the final third, but was more like black pepper instead cayenne. The Chocolate was more like a dark chocolate flavor and not quite as sweet. I was getting ready to settle in and nub this one and it went and got horribly bitter on me, just all of a sudden.

I'm guessing it could use about a year to maybe 2 of rest before it's at it's best. I needed this cigar last nite to put things in prospective. It did it's job. So, now I can can get back to putting my affairs in order. Don't go all sappy on my Brothers and Sisters I just needed to vent about some and man I feel great.

Hey y'all Have a great day Hug someone ya love....for that matter hug someone ya don't love might do ya both some good.
    Last edited by mturnmm; 09-02-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: In wrong area Mods Please Move
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Black 6's Avatar

Re: Partagas 1845

Quote Originally Posted by mturnmm View Post
    I was getting ready to settle in and nub this one and it went and got horribly bitter on me, just all of a sudden.
    I've had that happen once or twice with the Black Labels, but not a regular occurrence by any means. I think your descriptions of flavor are spot-on. I like these with some strong coffee or a nice glass of bourbon.

is the 1845 a different version of the Partagas Black? I had a black once, wasn't too memorable. I think the color came off on my hands and lips. Not a fan of the overly died wrappers. I think that was the only NC Partagas I've had. Glad you were able to enjoy it and get a bit of distraction. Nice review!

KSB
    Puffer Fish with some spikes KSB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mturnmm View Post
    So I had picked up a Partagas 1845 in a cool t00b a few weeks ago form a local, before my life really took a turn for the worse. Nothing to really worry about just the crappy economy of a recent divorce finally reared its ugly head. So, I had a few friends over and we were sitting around having adult beverages. So I fired it up.

Man, I just love the dark oily look of the wrapper. The band is a work of art by itself in my opinion. I use the punch method after light. I just use my dual purpose vector lighter my girlfriend (not the reason for my divorce) got me for my birthday. So the first draw on this stick is a blast of cayenne pepper, not a blast, maybe a shot. Then Mexican Chocolate like you would have on a cold south Texas day, maybe when its gets down to a chilly oh 85 degrees you know around Christmas time. It pretty much is like that during the first third. Then it gets kinda bland for a minute. And like a transition phase goes all earthy, leathery and a little nutty during the 2ND third. The spice came back for during the final third, but was more like black pepper instead cayenne. The Chocolate was more like a dark chocolate flavor and not quite as sweet. I was getting ready to settle in and nub this one and it went and got horribly bitter on me, just all of a sudden.

I'm guessing it could use about a year to maybe 2 of rest before it's at it's best. I needed this cigar last nite to put things in prospective. It did it's job. So, now I can can get back to putting my affairs in order. Don't go all sappy on my Brothers and Sisters I just needed to vent about some and man I feel great.

Hey y'all Have a great day Hug someone ya love....for that matter hug someone ya don't love might do ya both some good.
    Very nice review. Sorry to hear about the divorice trouble. Take it from someone who has been there it does get better. Hang in there my brother!

Ken

Connecticut Puffer

The 1845 is a different cigar, the 1845 has a light colored habano wrapper, and dont come in tubes. The label has a set of wings on it. This would be a partagas black label. If it was tubo it's probably the Maximo or crystal vitola. I enjoy the partagas blacks with a dark beer on a cool night.

Full grown Puffer Fish nikesupremedunk's Avatar

How does the NC partagas compare to CC? The 898v and psd4's are one of my favorites.

different company, different tobacco. Only thing in common is the name.

^^^^

What he said, that being said I enjoy both CC and NC Partagas...
    The Krazy Kanuck

I'm feeling a little called out here. So, to clear things up. Here is a picture of the tube it came in.

This is a pic of the band I took off of it as I smoked it.

I will agree that I left out the moniker "Black" but the Band Says Partagas 1845 I bought it at a reputable shop in Universal City TX. Don't know what else to say. The rest was just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay106n View Post
    The 1845 is a different cigar, the 1845 has a light colored habano wrapper, and dont come in tubes. The label has a set of wings on it. This would be a partagas black label. If it was tubo it's probably the Maximo or crystal vitola. I enjoy the partagas blacks with a dark beer on a cool night.

No longer a community member.

The Partagas Black Label ripens with age. I have one 660 gigante (favorite vitola) left and its days are numbered.

Oh, nobody's calling you out brother, just clearing things up. It's an easy mistake, as the black label does not say "black label" on it. True though, the 1845 has a golden band with an eagle crest dominating the wrapper and the lettering is in black.. I have a couple of those too I'm saving for a special occasion, very tasty as well!
    Last edited by smokin surfer; 09-20-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Ok, just kinda feels that way, it you a pretty good smoke. I would like to get a couple and let them rest for a couple years. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin surfer View Post
    The Partagas Black Label ripens with age. I have one 660 gigante (favorite vitola) left and its days are numbered.

Oh, nobody's calling you out brother, just clearing things up. It's an easy mistake, as the black label does not say "black label" on it. True though, the 1845 has a golden band with an eagle crest dominating the wrapper and the lettering is in black.. I have a couple of those too I'm saving for a special occasion, very tasty as well!

All NC Partagas have 1845 on the label which is where the confusion is probably coming from.

Here is a pic of an 1845:

Little off topic, but I've tried a couple of the 1845's pictured above by Cigar Noob, didn't enjoy them despite resting them a month- lot of burn issues and pulled a major league baseball bat size toothpick out of one. Love the way they look though, the band is sick.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2117774...in/photostream
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kevink; 11-01-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: problem inserting pic

Connecticut Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    All NC Partagas have 1845 on the label which is where the confusion is probably coming from.

Here is a pic of an 1845:
    Yep this is the Partagas 1845. It is a new release from Partagas in 2012. This is a completely different cigar than the Partagas Black Label.

I just had one of these tonight, its had about 9 months rest and is better than the one I had ROTT. It had more pepper for the first 15 minutes or so and then mellowed out. I finished it at the band point as it started to get bitter. Draw was great for the first 30 minutes, then it started to gunk up a bit so it needed a little trim. No burn issues what so ever to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    Little off topic, but I've tried a couple of the 1845's pictured above by Cigar Noob, didn't enjoy them despite resting them a month- lot of burn issues and pulled a major league baseball bat size toothpick out of one. Love the way they look though, the band is sick.

Partagas 1845 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Wow. That is massive!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast