Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liga Privada L40 Lancero

This is a discussion on Liga Privada L40 Lancero within the Cigar News, Cigar Videos, Cigar Reviews, Cigar Interviews, etc. forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Ok, This is actually the 4th time i have written this review; 1: my computer crashed 2: Photo upload problems ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BaconStrips's Avatar

Liga Privada L40 Lancero

Ok, This is actually the 4th time i have written this review; 1: my computer crashed 2: Photo upload problems 3: I closed the page yesterday...

So ANYWAY LETS DO THIS!!

I smoked the Liga Privada L40, This is one of the many Unico (Unique) series of the Liga Privada line. This review was done by me and is what i think of the cigar.

Cigar:Liga Privada L40
    Size: 7 x 40 Lancero
    Wrapper: Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut & Cured Sun Grown Habano
    Cost: $13
    Drinking: White coffee (Milk and Sugar)

Humidor conditions:
    RH: 67%
    Temp: 72 F (Texas)
    Rest: 2 months

Appearance:
    This cigar has a very dark toothy, veiny wrapper. the wrapper also has shades of dark reddish brown spots, almost like rusty metal. Its also a bit rough to the touch, has a good firm pack as well.

Pre-Light Draw:
    Light woodsy and sweet draw, rather tight but doesn't seem restrictive.

First Light:
    I am created with a nice light spice and paper accompanied by a light leather

First 1/3:
    Shortly after the initial flavors this cigar begins to take on a sweeter less peppery profile. Smoke is plentiful and the draw is still a little tight but not effecting how it smokes nor am i struggling to get a good draw. Earthy smoke with notes of chocolate, coffee and a light spice on the finish. This rich sweet smoke stays very consistent throughout the first 1/3rd, nothing has changed since the first light, very delicious cigar so far. Full-Body

Second 1/3:
    More of the same profiles continue into the 2/3rd, i begin to get a mixture of flavors, a lingering leather accompanies the earthy core. The spice finish has turned more towards a heat, i get a tingle throughout my nose after the retrohale. Smoke is becoming creamier with each draw and has loosened up a bit as well, the draw is near perfect now. Towards the end of this third, i noticed a slight shift, the spice has dropped off and the smoke has become a nice creamy chocolate, the smoke output is getting thicker as i smoke. Still a very good cigar, Med-Full Body

Final 1/3:
    This is a great cigar! Earthy core with a sweet chocolate front, the finish changes as well, from spice to woodsy deep oak finish. Suddenly....the cigar went out?! WTF?! I sat it down for no more than 2 min while i wrote notes...uggghhh relighting a cigar this far into it can change the profile. Sure enough, The heat and spice returns and the smoke takes on a bit of grittiness, it doesn't last long but for a few draws you can taste it. As i cross the band point the sweetness fades away and taking the front is that deep woodsy oak that started coming into the picture earlier. I nubbed this cigar down to my finger tips, it was a great cigar. Full in body

Burn and Ash:
    The burn was great aside from the time it put itself out. No funny burning or running. The ash was pretty solid too, held together for about 2" at each time if i didn't knock it off by accident.

Smoke time:
    1 hour 20 minutes

Final Thoughts:
    A very good cigar, rich full bodied most of the time, nice creamy smoke without much strength. The cigar never left me bored and the chocolatey profile was very nice. I would recommend this cigar everyone and its worthy of the $13 price tag.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Liga Privada L40 Lancero

Nice review thanks!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Great review.

Full grown Puffer Fish Livin' Legend's Avatar

Nice review, and that's a gorgeous cigar. I don't often smoke that type (no particular reason for that), but I love the look of them, and I'll have to get ahold of these bad boys.

Puffer Fish with some spikes VAcigars's Avatar

Nice review, can't wait till I am able to get my hands on one to try

Nicely done, thanks for sharing!

If only they were easier to find

I need to verify this review - someone find me one

Very Nice Review! Great stick! Like to throw some FFPs out for some more L40s!

I just found one of these at my local b&m. I'm looking forward to this one
    Pissing people off since 1973! And getting better at it everyday.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Wow...I need to find one of these STAT.

Young Fish

Where are those cigars are from???

Newbie in the ocean

I love this cigar. The draw was perfect but was a little under filled. Still a good stick though.

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smithjason View Post
    They are a Drew Estate production.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Quote Originally Posted by smithjason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    They are a Drew Estate production.
    From Nicaragua. Estelli, specifically.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

I smoked one about two weeks ago and it was a verrrrrrrry good smoke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast