Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Savinelli Special Selection 2005 Figurado...review

This is a discussion on Savinelli Special Selection 2005 Figurado...review within the Cigar News, Cigar Videos, Cigar Reviews, Cigar Interviews, etc. forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; ...

Savinelli Special Selection 2005 Figurado...review

I got these off the devil site for $4.00 each.

Resting for 3 weeks in my wineador @64% RH 66 degrees. (I couldn't wait any longer to try one)

Cigar Size: 6.5" x 60
    Shape: Figurado
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
    Filler: Nicaraguan long-fillers

Made for Savinelli by the Oliva Cigar Co. in Nicaragua.
    Carlos Fuente Jr. and Sr. designed the Savinelli Special Selection 2005 cigars.

Appearance: The cigar has a great look in Figurado with a pig tail at one end and torpedo on the other. Very well made.

Pre-light: Excellent smell leathery and woodsy.

First 1/3: Once lit, the draw on the figurado opened up and had just the right amount of resistance. Flavor was rich and delicious right from the start. Good aged tobacco had a sweetness combined with coffee and leather. VERY nice so far.

Attachment 76601

Second 1/3: Razor sharp burn with a nice white ash. Flavors still rich with lots of flavor and a little nicotine but not too much at all.

Attachment 76603

Third 1/3: Cigar finished out with a long delicious finish. Some spice but not very peppery. Medium to full bodied.

Smoke time: Around 1 hour 45 minutes. (It's a full size cigar.)

Attachment 76604

Final thoughts:

A very good cigar that shouldn't be missed. Itís beautiful in appearance and construction. Leathery and woody start that develops into rich caramel and coffee flavors. The finish is long and somewhat spicy mixed with very little pepper and a touch of cherry. Perfect burn/perfect draw and a very reasonable price.

Yup, I liked it...a lot.

Re: Savinelli Special Selection 2005 Figurado...review

What's the trick to getting a photo to show up???

Re: Savinelli Special Selection 2005 Figurado...review

I got these off the devil site for $4.00 each.

Resting for 3 weeks in my wineador @64% RH 66 degrees. (I couldn't wait any longer to try one)

Cigar Size: 6.5" x 60
    Shape: Figurado
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
    Filler: Nicaraguan long-fillers

Made for Savinelli by the Oliva Cigar Co. in Nicaragua.
    Carlos Fuente Jr. and Sr. designed the Savinelli Special Selection 2005 cigars.

Appearance: The cigar has a great look in Figurado with a pig tail at one end and torpedo on the other. Very well made.

Pre-light: Excellent smell leathery and woodsy.

First 1/3: Once lit, the draw on the figurado opened up and had just the right amount of resistance. Flavor was rich and delicious right from the start. Good aged tobacco had a sweetness combined with coffee and leather. VERY nice so far.

Attachment 76624

Second 1/3: Razor sharp burn with a nice white ash. Flavors still rich with lots of flavor and a little nicotine but not too much at all.

Attachment 76625

Third 1/3: Cigar finished out with a long delicious finish. Some spice but not very peppery. Medium to full bodied.

Smoke time: Around 1 hour 45 minutes. (It's a full size cigar.)

Attachment 76626

Final thoughts:

A very good cigar that shouldn't be missed. It’s beautiful in appearance and construction. Leathery and woody start that develops into rich caramel and coffee flavors. The finish is long and somewhat spicy mixed with very little pepper and a touch of cherry. Perfect burn/perfect draw and a very reasonable price.

Yup, I liked it...a lot.