Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Man Cave - Smoking Room

This is a discussion on Man Cave - Smoking Room within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Scott not sure if I am envious or hate you for having such a great man cave. Seriously nice work ...

Re: Man Cave - Smoking Room

Scott not sure if I am envious or hate you for having such a great man cave. Seriously nice work on that, looks completely amazing.

Amazing work my good man.

I smell cigar, not fish.

Here are some pictures of the new bar design. I am about ready to stain it.

damn nice wood work on that bar.... bet that to more than a couple hours.

Looks sexy!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

This really is an amazing post. The work is top notch and the layout is awesome! I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but enjoy it!

Outstanding craftsmanship, cant wait to see the finished product, dude , you are truly skilled, awesome bar, keep up the good work

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

Incredible amount of work. Nice job!

I've been working on and off on just a small section of my basement and seem to get nowhere fast. Should have just hired contractors.
    "I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Full grown Puffer Fish thunderdan11's Avatar

That looks great. A suggestion if i may, you may already be aware of it, but there is an expoxy type surface for the bar top and the rail that I used on my bar in my basement that is poured on and forms a glass like surface after it is stained. It is awesome. I do not recall the name but I am sure you can find it on the internet. I really looks great. I can take a picture of mine if you are interested.

I smell cigar, not fish.

thunderdan, I am familiar with it. I thought long and hard about covering the bar with all kinds of odd things and then epoxy coating everything to seal it in. I decided I wanted a classy bar look. I will probably just lacquer the top with several sanded coats. It will be too hard to put the epoxy on the bar rail.

My thoughts on the bar staining, is a medium brown stain on everything except the back part of the bar which will be a black stain. All covered with lacquer, gloss for the back bar and main bar top, and satin for the front and sides of bar.

Sounds like an excellent idea for color ... is the back sink edge side of the bar exposed ply?? (in one shot it looks like it) may want to throw some screen molding on there to help look out moisture and will make staining easier. Just a thought. Also are you planning a foot rest along the bar or a brass kick plate to protect the bottom?
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

Newbie in the ocean

that's badass

I smell cigar, not fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Lucky 13 View Post
    Sounds like an excellent idea for color ... is the back sink edge side of the bar exposed ply?? (in one shot it looks like it) may want to throw some screen molding on there to help look out moisture and will make staining easier. Just a thought. Also are you planning a foot rest along the bar or a brass kick plate to protect the bottom?
    There will be an oak trim piece going around the inside of the bar top on the sink side. It will rise above the top about 1/4" just for drip protection. There will be a foot rest. Currently, I believe I will use a stair railing (wood) mounted. In addition, there is going to be a large set of shelves/mirror on the back wall to store all the beverages.

Full grown Puffer Fish thunderdan11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
    thunderdan, I am familiar with it. I thought long and hard about covering the bar with all kinds of odd things and then epoxy coating everything to seal it in. I decided I wanted a classy bar look. I will probably just lacquer the top with several sanded coats. It will be too hard to put the epoxy on the bar rail.

My thoughts on the bar staining, is a medium brown stain on everything except the back part of the bar which will be a black stain. All covered with lacquer, gloss for the back bar and main bar top, and satin for the front and sides of bar.
    That is going to look awesome. I can not wait to see the pic of it all stained up. Great job on the bar. The thick bar rail is awesome. I remember when I bought mine it too a while to find it, and it was pricey but well worth it. Great looking bar....

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

That bar is nice great job!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast