Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Man Cave - Smoking Room

This is a discussion on Man Cave - Smoking Room within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; oh man, that's awesome. i'm soooo jealous. i wish i had a place to smoke, i have to go outside....

Puffer Fish with some spikes carguy13's Avatar

Re: Man Cave - Smoking Room

oh man, that's awesome.

i'm soooo jealous.

i wish i had a place to smoke, i have to go outside.

I smell cigar, not fish.

Ok, well that got a heck of a lot more attention than I thought it would. So, I will continue a little more with the story..

Walls are going up. We built our small house so we learned a lot of things. In the previous pictures, you can see the wall jacks that really speed up construction. We are able to build the walls on the floor and lift them up complete.

Notice there are NO windows.... no pretty views, now peeking on neighbors (if I had any). This is about raw man cave.

Ahhhh, feels good to sit in here already...

Fast forward to the next weekend where we started framing the roof. We kinda forgot to take pictures during the initial roof framing but here it is with most of the framing up.

I really wanted a useable attic so I decided to floor most of the attic ahead of time. Made putting on the roof much easier.

And just for everyone's clarification, I live in the country where we have no building inspections or codes. I am building as close to code as I can but I am not perfect nor a professional builder.

Full grown Puffer Fish Dr. Nick's Avatar

Balls! That's incredible. Massive respect to you and your wife for doing this all yourself. Is she a smoker too? If not she might be by the end of this project, lol. Can't wait to see more pics & congrats on the dream come true.

You're not gonna counter sink a hot tub in the middle floor of that bad boy?

I'd love to attempt something like this in my back yard but with my skills and space being an issue it would end up looking like one of those outhouses people do ice fishing in.
    The night before JFK signed the Cuban Embargo he had Pierre Sallinger buy him 1200 H. Upmann Petit Corona cigars. How's that for government hypocrisy!

I smell cigar, not fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nick View Post
    You're not gonna counter sink a hot tub in the middle floor of that bad boy?
    If you look at the first picture on this page, you'll see the hot tub installed to the right of the building..

thats going to be one hell of a man cave

YOU ROCK MAN

rk_classic

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish iMarc's Avatar

Scott,
    That is simply awesome.

Can't wait to see more updates.

I smell cigar, not fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    awesome.. if that is all woods and no neighbors behind you I think a covered/screened porch would have added a lot of flexibility. don't know if I could stand no windows particularly with that view. like the hottub idea.. maybe a fireplace? Mine is a pre-fab 'out-bldg' delivered on a flat bed. about 8x10. so what do I know.
    You can't see it in these pictures but there is a smaller building to the right of the hot tub basically inline with the man cave. The ultimate goal will be to put a trellis between the two buildings and deck the space between it as well. Hang up some white christmas lights on the trellis, plant some grape vines over it, and sit back and relax in the beer garden. But that will be for another day.... maybe later this year.

Full grown Puffer Fish Dr. Nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
    If you look at the first picture on this page, you'll see the hot tub installed to the right of the building..
    See, the construction pics are so beautiful I didn't notice anything but them. Move it indoors!
    The night before JFK signed the Cuban Embargo he had Pierre Sallinger buy him 1200 H. Upmann Petit Corona cigars. How's that for government hypocrisy!

Full grown Puffer Fish mlbar1153's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJeebes View Post
    You need to invite some of your fellow Texans over when the project is finished!
    I second that motion!!

Truly awesome. My brother lives outside the Austin area. He lives in Giddings. Looks like that when I go visit.
    You got a great wife to be helping with something like this.

I smell cigar, not fish.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbar1153 View Post
    I second that motion!!

Truly awesome. My brother lives outside the Austin area. He lives in Giddings. Looks like that when I go visit.
    You got a great wife to be helping with something like this.
    I am actually only 30 minutes from Giddings... Perhaps we'll have a cigar celebration when I am 100% done.

Puffer Fish with some spikes carguy13's Avatar

that's coming along very nice!!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish iMarc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
    You can't see it in these pictures but there is a smaller building to the right of the hot tub basically inline with the man cave. The ultimate goal will be to put a trellis between the two buildings and deck the space between it as well. Hang up some white christmas lights on the trellis, plant some grape vines over it, and sit back and relax in the beer garden. But that will be for another day.... maybe later this year.
    Clearly, it's time to post the master plan drawings for the whole yard for us!

I smell cigar, not fish.

Quote Originally Posted by iMarc View Post
    Clearly, it's time to post the master plan drawings for the whole yard for us!
    I can't do that. I'd be designing shopping malls next. And really, a shopping mall is going to appreciate the large smoke eater installed in the center of the mall so that the cigar smokers will have a place to smoke? Would they appreciate the large ashtrays located around the parking lot and courtyards specifically for us smokers? Shopping carts with a place to set our drink?

I must resist. Besides, this way I can drag it out..

I smell cigar, not fish.

I really stink at keeping secrets so I'll just continue the story.. I am the kid who couldn't sleep all night on Christmas eve so there is no way in the world I could only update a little every day...

Here comes the metal roof. I used to hate metal but I have learned how to install it safely and easily. What a time saver.

Still have to do the other side... hmmm, there is a cedar tree in the way.. I can fix that.

Moving right along.

We need some doors.... done!

I bought some cheap scaffolding and man what a time saver!

Here is a look inside. You see 3 separate door openings on this little wall, the left is the bathroom/kegerator storage, middle is the wine cellar, and the far right is the walk in humidor. I decided to make the ceilings in these 3 rooms only 7' high so that I would have almost 3' above them as a large shelf/attic storage. This space has a new goal but I will reveal that in a later time (I can keep that secret because I haven't finished planning that one yet).

Did the electrical stub in and now starting insulation. This is my wife's job during the day. She has gotten really good at it and does a great job. The best part is I leave for work and I come home and *snap*, its done... love it...

I'll post a little more in a few hours... (days? what was I thinking?)

Full grown Puffer Fish pointbreak's Avatar

hey ....... talk about a man cave .......whatya doing with the john deer in the pic???????? Is that in case she takes your car keys??lol Lookin gooooood!!! YouTube - Vince Gill - One More Last Chance
    TEAM CANADA MEMBER

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast