Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Man Cave - Smoking Room

This is a discussion on Man Cave - Smoking Room within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Best. Thing. Ever. Best. ANYTHING . Ever. Could you please come to my house, lift it up, build a basement, ...

Re: Man Cave - Smoking Room

Best. Thing. Ever.

Best. ANYTHING. Ever.

Could you please come to my house, lift it up, build a basement, then build one of those in there?
    And could you do all of that without the bloody housing association finding out?
    Thanks in advance.

Looks like you're off to a great start, phalynx!

Name:  piggy.gif
Views: 1188
Size:  3.0 KB Wow! WOW! WOW!

Any of you guys looking to adopt? I come with gun, knives, and a shit load of war stories. Just consider me a talking piece of decor.- George

I've been avoiding this thread because I knew it would get me in trouble...

I've been slowly convincing the wive to add on over our detached garage for my man room. While it won't be as spacious, I figure it'll have a nice patio view of the Columbia River...
    anyways...

I'm mostly curious about your walk-in humidor: especially the material for the walls. Did you use SC ply? How are you maintaining the environment?

I smell cigar, not fish.

The walls are Luann. That is as close to spanish cedar as I could get. The room is sealed with heavy plastic and insulation with all joints siliconed to keep little bugs from making their way in. There is a small chiller designed for a small wine cellar keeping the room at temp. I use that simple humidifier hanging on the wall (forget the name, its listed in the thread somewhere) with 5 stage, reverse osmosis filtered water going to it. All shelves are made from Spanish Cedar wood. I use a small fan at the bottom of the room to circulate all of the temp and humidity evenly in the room. It is small. But, for well over a year now, it has been 100% trouble free now that I fixed the sediment issue in the water. The temps stay in range. The humidity stays in range and the cigars taste great and age well. I have been pleased.

Full grown Puffer Fish liquidicem's Avatar

This is amazing! I can't even think of anything else to say about it. Great work!

Some amazing man spaces guys. Something I notices about my Dad and my grandfathers is that they all had their own "space" outside the house. Usually a garage. I have control over the attack, garage, and the front porch (pics to come shortly) are where I do my smoking and drinking. I have been happily married for 19 years. My parents for 43, and my grandparents until death. I strongly believe a man having a place to himself to be a man is key to longevity in a marriage. Or at least that is what I say whenever I add something to my spaces- George

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hubby's Avatar

OMFG.... Crap that is pure awesomeness... I need a second and third job, a contractor, and some room in my home... Nice very nice... JEALOUS!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

One word... EPIC!!!

I smell cigar, not fish.

So,, like everything else, ideas vs. reality don't always meet in the middle. I am redoing parts again. Each time I change something, I invite some friends over, we drink some adult beverages, smoke quite a few cigars, and see how everything "feels". It doesn't feel right yet... I am modifying the lounge a bit to allow more conversations and interactions with each other. All in all, I think things are starting to get a lot better in here. I'll post some pictures shortly. Also, I am up for any ideas you may have to improve things.

Scott I am a newbie to Puff. I just got done looking at the beginning of the thread to yesterday post. I just have to congratulate you on building your dream. You sir has achieved what most men dream off, You have a Legacy! If you have the NFL package for the next Sundays I would start charging at the door for a place like that.

I smell cigar, not fish.

Lounge 2.0 pictures. Bit of a work in progress - as the entire project has been. I think this will allow more conversations and more interaction.. As well as an ultra comfortable place to enjoy a cigar and an adult beverage..

Attached Images Attached Images  

Young Puffer Fish

That room looks incredible.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Nice!!!

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast