Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Man Cave - Smoking Room

This is a discussion on Man Cave - Smoking Room within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Keep the pictures coming! Great to follow the progress. This looks awesome!...

Re: Man Cave - Smoking Room

Keep the pictures coming! Great to follow the progress. This looks awesome!

Full grown Puffer Fish pointbreak's Avatar

WOW is all i can say nice job Scott !!!
    TEAM CANADA MEMBER

I smell cigar, not fish.

Its time for an update to catch you up to my story. Here you can see the view of the bar and screen wall. The screen is to the left and the bar will be to the right of the door. The little 4' wall sticking out is to give the right speaker the same corner that the left speaker has. This should allow the speakers to sound similar rather than the right one just sitting in the middle of a room without a corner to load the sound.

Texturing is done. Time for some paint. I think a nice beige for the ceiling and a dark green for the walls.

WHOA!, that was NOT the green I had in mind. That doesn't look like the color the paint chip was.... Kinda looks like a brown sickly poop (if you will pardon my French)....

Let's see what I can do to make this color work... Painting is a paint in the butt..... Think of the color as dark brown with a little green in it. Exactly opposite of the ratio I was shooting for in my brain. Later on, we'll see the color in better beauty as it improves with some modifications to the walls and also we bumped up the ISO on the camera to take better pictures. Notice the clean spot on the floor where the drywall was... That is a big mess to clean before we start flooring.

Here comes the flooring. Those large flood lights are a must if you want to see in the brown poop room....

Check out that FLOOR! Looks like a million dollars right? Wrong... $.89c a sq/ft at Home Depot on sale. Its basically a Pergp type. I really intended on a reddish cherry wood floor but my cheapness overtook my design in my head. Cherry was $4.50 a sq/ft vs. $.89c...... hmmmm.

Ceiling looks like fabric? Well it isn't. Its called a light paint coat. It looks better with real lights and not the flood lights.

CRAIGSLIST FIND! Time to advance a little. Found this little beauty with 4 giant barstools and dart board for cheap.. I couldn't pass it up. Since I have installed 2 pool tables in my life, I decided it was worth it for someone else to do this one. Plus, getting it re-felted will look much better in the room. A nice bottle green will be nice.

Melted wax is the only way to seal a 3 piece slate. Perfect.

Looking good. I better hang the screen too. I need to see what that will look like.. Hmmm, not sure 10' is wide enough.... I am seriously thinking about a 12' screen now.

Let's hang some lights in there now. Get some actualy light color in here instead of blue hue flood.. Those giant bar stools were SO much bigger than I had planned. I am only going to have an 8' wide bar and 4 of these would be arm to arm to fit into 8'. The problem is they are built so well and sturdy that I am going to use them. The pool table installer said the amount I paid is just about right for the chairs alone... I basically got a pool table, table light, and dart board set for free.... I like that.

Ok, I will go ahead and advance you to where I am today. I have added trim work to the walls, chair rail, floor board, and I will probably put a crown molding up top too to break up the poo walls. Speakers are installed. I have intentions of building a stage area for the screen and to hide the speakers. That is still in my head so I haven't started it yet.

I installed a flat screen TV on the bar wall so that everyone in that part of the room can watch sports (UT Football) and whatever we are watching too.

I wired up the smoke eater. Tested it out with a few smokes... Not bad. Not perfect either. Time will tell if it actually works. The main thing is, I DON'T CARE!!!! I am building this room to smoke in! Period!

I appreciate all of the nice comments. It makes me feel like I am on track with what I am building. Validating my design thoughts, etc.

I smell cigar, not fish.

A couple more pictures so you can see where I currently am.

Puffer Fish with some spikes mdrumm's Avatar

I am thinking we are in "the Extreme Man Cave Makeover" it is all happening so fast...........................

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Plop007's Avatar

Looking awesome thanks for sharing your pics

No longer a community member.

Could ya speed it up working Kinda slow aren't you Damn I am envious, very nice!

Full grown Puffer Fish Dr. Nick's Avatar

It gets better every day. Damn, this is some serious jealousy I'm experiencing right now. Great work.
    The night before JFK signed the Cuban Embargo he had Pierre Sallinger buy him 1200 H. Upmann Petit Corona cigars. How's that for government hypocrisy!

Disinterested

This cinches it. I am officially moving to Texas.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish iMarc's Avatar

It's been nice seeing this in time lapse.

Wow, haven't clicked this thread cause I thought there may be some development since I last checked. Come to find out the friggin thang is built! I'm callin in your mafia connects when it comes time to build MY mancave! My GOD! I can't believe the whole neighborhood isn't helping build this thing....

MOVE THAT BUS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I smell cigar, not fish.

Well, it will unfortunately slow down now. We are in real time now. I advanced through a few months worth of work in 2 days. We are only really working on it on weekends. I am working a little more during the week now since I really want to get it finished so I can relax in it and use it in all of its man cave glory..... I plan on building the bar frame this afternoon and maybe skin it tomorrow.

It looks fantastic Scott! Great Job!

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
    My GOD! I can't believe the whole neighborhood isn't helping build this thing....
    I know! That's what I thought... he'd imported an Amish Barn Building Team from PA!

I smell cigar, not fish.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
    My GOD! I can't believe the whole neighborhood isn't helping build this thing....
    What neighborhood? I live in the COUNTRY!!!!! 11.5 acres of fully enclosed dense woods bliss..... I will say this, there are quite a few neighbors that hang out quite a bit. I have to move the kegerator from outside to the indoors now. During the winter, we are hanging out outside around a large fire. Drinking a fresh brew and smoking some fine cigars. Now that summer is here, its time for some a/c goodness.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast