Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home-Made Humidor

This is a discussion on Home-Made Humidor within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Not Bad...

Young Fish

Re: Home-Made Humidor

Not Bad

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Simple functional good looking i think you covered all bases.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

didnt reallyread all the posts, just saying i love the humi, good work. i hope to one day have the tools, time, and talent to do something like that.

Impressive!

I wish I had a tablesaw to make my own...

Someone how to make a tablesaw with a circular saw?? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Padurosa View Post
    I wish I had a tablesaw to make my own...

Someone how to make a tablesaw with a circular saw?? ^^

This is really the hard way, but you can use a long straight edge and clamps. Run the saw along the straight edge and you've got a poor substitute for a table saw. I know because I've built bookshelves like this. They came out ok but what a beating. If you have a router, you can make a rough cut with the circular saw and clean up the edge with a straight router bit. Bingo, another poor substitute. But, this *can* work if you're patient enough. My best advice is figure out how to get access to a table saw. It will make the project a lot better in the end and a lot more fun while you're building it.

real nice

Quote Originally Posted by bhuang61 View Post
    This is really the hard way, but you can use a long straight edge and clamps. Run the saw along the straight edge and you've got a poor substitute for a table saw. I know because I've built bookshelves like this. They came out ok but what a beating. If you have a router, you can make a rough cut with the circular saw and clean up the edge with a straight router bit. Bingo, another poor substitute. But, this *can* work if you're patient enough. My best advice is figure out how to get access to a table saw. It will make the project a lot better in the end and a lot more fun while you're building it.
    Actually that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Get access to a workshop where I can use the tools and play around a little with the woods...

We'll see

Plan B is acquiring a wine cooler.

very nice brother! one day, I will build me one of my own!

im going to attempt one w/ a skill saw and dremel.... we will see what happens

rb

Quote Originally Posted by rus_bro View Post
    im going to attempt one w/ a skill saw and dremel.... we will see what happens

rb
    ... Good luck ... let us know how it turns out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3